* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] BATMAN-V for robotics
@ 2016-02-22 10:49 laurent
From: laurent @ 2016-02-22 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

Hello,

After some failure last year to us BATMAN-ADV on picostation plugged in
a mobile robot. I have re flashed last week the last open-wrt with the
last stable batman-adv (2006.0).
I still have some problem making a single hop fast.  I have 3 nodes A B
C, I put the robot (nodeB) very close to node C and A is fare from B and
C.  B is still connecting directly to A. sometime If I wait for a very
long time
the route became A - C - B , what I exactly want. I have this behavior
since 2010 and on each version I test on picostation.

To resume, when the robot along 2 nodes and it takes a very long time
before he got a new route to increase his range.

I understand but I could be wrong, that the metric calculation in
BATMAN-IV is not good for mobile application because of some radio that
keeps the link until the last minute before beginning to increase their
packet errors ?

BATMAN-V seems to be more promising because of the new metric
calculation based on link throughput we get from the driver, and also
because we can override the data throughput value to force a route (we
are imagining using GPS for that).

I really want to test BATMAN-V,  I tried to switch to BATMAN-V but it
was not on the available routing algorithm list. Do I need to compile a
devel version on open-wrt ?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Laurent

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] BATMAN-V for robotics
@ 2016-02-24 16:12 ` Marek Lindner
From: Marek Lindner @ 2016-02-24 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: laurent