* Re: setting up NAT to a internal network. {Scanned}
@ 2003-07-22 20:12 Yvonne & Paul Keser
From: Yvonne & Paul Keser @ 2003-07-22 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Support, iptables; +Cc: paul

You need to add a more specific route for 192.168.0.0/20 pointing to 192.168.48.1

The easy way would be to put this on the smoothwall.  I have no experience with
smoothwall but you should be able to add additional static routes
unless the have gutted the routing functionality of the original OS.
Normally a router will look for the best match so if the more specific route matches
it will use it, if not it will go to the default.  If smoothwall won't allow this you
still have 2 options, add another interface to the smoothwall (if possible)
and hang 192.168.0.0/20 off that interface or configure all the hosts
on 192.168.48.0/20 with the static route for 192.168.0.0/20 to point to
192.168.48.1.

I hope this helps...I have a little iptables experience but a lot of routing experience.

Sorry if the formatting of this email is funky.  I am using earthlink's webmail.  It will probably bounce for the mailing list since it won't be coming from my domain address.

-PaulK
From: Support @ 2003-07-22 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iptables

|First Network         		|Second Network