* v13.2.4 Mimic released
@ 2019-01-07 10:37 Abhishek Lekshmanan
       [not found] ` <87pnt83ga6.fsf-IBi9RG/b67k@public.gmane.org>
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2019-01-07 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-announce-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-maintainers-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

This is the fourth bugfix release of the Mimic v13.2.x long term stable
release series. This release includes two security fixes atop of v13.2.3
We recommend all users upgrade to this version. If you've already
upgraded to v13.2.3, the same restrictions from v13.2.2->v13.2.3 apply
here as well.

Notable Changes
---------------

* CVE-2018-16846: rgw: enforce bounds on max-keys/max-uploads/max-parts (`issue#35994 <http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/35994>`_)
* CVE-2018-14662: mon: limit caps allowed to access the config store

Notable Changes in v13.2.3
---------------------------

* The default memory utilization for the mons has been increased
  somewhat.  Rocksdb now uses 512 MB of RAM by default, which should
  be sufficient for small to medium-sized clusters; large clusters
  should tune this up.  Also, the `mon_osd_cache_size` has been
  increase from 10 OSDMaps to 500, which will translate to an
  additional 500 MB to 1 GB of RAM for large clusters, and much less
  for small clusters.

* Ceph v13.2.2 includes a wrong backport, which may cause mds to go into
  'damaged' state when upgrading Ceph cluster from previous version.
  The bug is fixed in v13.2.3. If you are already running v13.2.2,
  upgrading to v13.2.3 does not require special action.

* The bluestore_cache_* options are no longer needed. They are replaced
  by osd_memory_target, defaulting to 4GB. BlueStore will expand
  and contract its cache to attempt to stay within this
  limit. Users upgrading should note this is a higher default
  than the previous bluestore_cache_size of 1GB, so OSDs using
  BlueStore will use more memory by default.
  For more details, see the `BlueStore docs <http://docs.ceph.com/docs/mimic/rados/configuration/bluestore-config-ref/#automatic-cache-sizing>`_.

* This version contains an upgrade bug, http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36686,
  due to which upgrading during recovery/backfill can cause OSDs to fail. This
  bug can be worked around, either by restarting all the OSDs after the upgrade,
  or by upgrading when all PGs are in "active+clean" state. If you have already
  successfully upgraded to 13.2.2, this issue should not impact you. Going
  forward, we are working on a clean upgrade path for this feature.

For more details please refer to the release blog at
https://ceph.com/releases/13-2-4-mimic-released/

Getting ceph
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-13.2.4.tar.gz
* For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: b10be4d44915a4d78a8e06aa31919e74927b142e

--
Abhishek Lekshmanan
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: v13.2.4 Mimic released
       [not found] ` <87pnt83ga6.fsf-IBi9RG/b67k@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-01-07 15:10   ` Alexandre DERUMIER
       [not found]     ` <1637654245.3029503.1546873809792.JavaMail.zimbra-M8QNeUgB6UTyG1zEObXtfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Alexandre DERUMIER @ 2019-01-07 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: ceph-users, ceph-maintainers-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw, ceph-devel,
	ceph-announce

Hi,

>>* Ceph v13.2.2 includes a wrong backport, which may cause mds to go into
>>'damaged' state when upgrading Ceph cluster from previous version.
>>The bug is fixed in v13.2.3. If you are already running v13.2.2,
>>upgrading to v13.2.3 does not require special action.

Any special action for upgrading from 13.2.1 ?

[...]

* Re: [Ceph-maintainers] v13.2.4 Mimic released
       [not found]     ` <1637654245.3029503.1546873809792.JavaMail.zimbra-M8QNeUgB6UTyG1zEObXtfA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-01-08 17:42       ` Patrick Donnelly
       [not found]         ` <CA+2bHPZqCnm_QPwW8pt05ndzbLE=ypzJ65bmixGgLD1QFXC4cw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Patrick Donnelly @ 2019-01-08 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre DERUMIER
  Cc: ceph-maintainers-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw, ceph-users, ceph-devel,
	ceph-announce

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 7:10 AM Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier-U/x3PoR4x10AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >>* Ceph v13.2.2 includes a wrong backport, which may cause mds to go into
> >>'damaged' state when upgrading Ceph cluster from previous version.
> >>The bug is fixed in v13.2.3. If you are already running v13.2.2,
> >>upgrading to v13.2.3 does not require special action.
>
> Any special action for upgrading from 13.2.1 ?

No special actions for CephFS are required for the upgrade.

--
Patrick Donnelly

@ 2019-01-08 17:49           ` Neha Ojha
From: Neha Ojha @ 2019-01-08 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Donnelly
  Cc: ceph-announce, ceph-users,
	ceph-maintainers-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw, ceph-devel

When upgrading from 13.2.1 to 13.2.4, you should be careful about
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36686. It might be worth considering
the workaround mentioned here:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/doc/releases/mimic.rst#v1322-mimic.

Thanks,