* devtool modify errors on second recipe
@ 2017-10-23  5:03 Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-10-23  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer, Paul Eggleton

Hi Paul

I am seeing this errors message consistently since few weeks on master
when using
devtool modify

NOTE:   do_populate_sysroot: 100.0% sstate reuse(1 setscene, 0 scratch)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/a/oe/sources/openembedded-core/scripts/devtool", line
331, in <module>
    ret = main()
  File "/mnt/a/oe/sources/openembedded-core/scripts/devtool", line 318, in main
    ret = args.func(args, config, basepath, workspace)
  File "/mnt/a/oe/sources/openembedded-core/scripts/lib/devtool/standard.py",
line 714, in modify
    initial_rev = _extract_source(srctree, args.keep_temp,
args.branch, False, config, basepath, workspace, args.fixed_setup, rd,
tinfoil)
  File "/mnt/a/oe/sources/openembedded-core/scripts/lib/devtool/standard.py",
line 545, in _extract_source
    with open(os.path.join(tempdir, 'initial_rev'), 'r') as f:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/mnt/a/oe/build/tmp/work/mips32r2-bec-linux-musl/dovecot/2.2.29-r0/devtooltmp-zjst6lsd/initial_rev'

This does not happen when I use it for first time but there after when
I try to modify the second recipe it shows up.

The setup hasn't changed so it use to work fine. Now as a workaround I
delete the workspace/
folder everytime I finish modifying a recipe but thats quite cumbersome

Thanks
-Khem

* Re: devtool modify errors on second recipe
@ 2017-10-23  9:26 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-10-23  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: Paul Eggleton, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 23 October 2017 at 06:03, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am seeing this errors message consistently since few weeks on master
> when using
> devtool modify

<waves hand like a psychic>You're running Python 3.6.

There's a patch on the bitbake list for this, and I believe it will be in
rocko before it releases.

Ross

* Re: devtool modify errors on second recipe
@ 2017-10-23 16:32   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-10-23 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross
  Cc: Paul Eggleton, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 2:26 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
> On 23 October 2017 at 06:03, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am seeing this errors message consistently since few weeks on master
>> when using
>> devtool modify
>

> <waves hand like a psychic>You're running Python 3.6.
>
> There's a patch on the bitbake list for this, and I believe it will be in
> rocko before it releases.

ok cool. point me if you can before I find, I will cherry-pick and try

@ 2017-10-23 16:40     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-10-23 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: Paul Eggleton, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 23 October 2017 at 17:32, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> ok cool. point me if you can before I find, I will cherry-pick and try

"cooker: fix watching directories with Python 3.6+"

Ross

* Re: devtool modify errors on second recipe
@ 2017-10-23 17:07       ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-10-23 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross
  Cc: Paul Eggleton, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
> On 23 October 2017 at 17:32, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ok cool. point me if you can before I find, I will cherry-pick and try
>

> "cooker: fix watching directories with Python 3.6+"

Thanks, this is https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/145092/
and it fixed my usecase.

@ 2017-10-23 19:28   ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2017-10-23 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Monday, 23 October 2017 10:26:38 PM NZDT Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 23 October 2017 at 06:03, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am seeing this errors message consistently since few weeks on master
> > when using
> > devtool modify
> >

> <waves hand like a psychic>You're running Python 3.6.
>
> There's a patch on the bitbake list for this, and I believe it will be in
> rocko before it releases.

Richard told me it likely wouldn't, FYI.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton