* Cephalocon Barcelona 2019 CFP now open!
@ 2018-12-10 16:00 Mike Perez
From: Mike Perez @ 2018-12-10 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-announce-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw
  Cc: ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-community-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw

Hello everyone!

It gives me great pleasure to announce the CFP for Cephalocon Barcelona 2019 is now open [1]!

Cephalocon Barcelona aims to bring together more than 800 technologists and adopters from across the globe to showcase Ceph’s history and its future, demonstrate real-world applications, and highlight vendor solutions. Join us in Barcelona, Spain on 19-20 May 2019 for our second international conference event.

CFP closes Friday, February 1 at 11:59 pm PST.

We will again have a selection committee that will look over the presentations for quality content for the community. If you have any questions, please let me know.

[1] - https://ceph.com/cephalocon/barcelona-2019/

--

Mike Perez (thingee)

* Re: Cephalocon Barcelona 2019 CFP now open!
@ 2018-12-10 16:04 ` Wido den Hollander
       [not found]   ` <178a26e8-2a43-65c4-ed26-18c39793b6eb-fspyXLx8qC4@public.gmane.org>
From: Wido den Hollander @ 2018-12-10 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Perez, ceph-announce-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw
  Cc: ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,

On 12/10/18 5:00 PM, Mike Perez wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> It gives me great pleasure to announce the CFP for Cephalocon Barcelona
> 2019 is now open [1]!
>
> Cephalocon Barcelona aims to bring together more than 800 technologists
> and adopters from across the globe to showcase Ceph’s history and its
> future, demonstrate real-world applications, and highlight vendor
> solutions. Join us in Barcelona, Spain on 19-20 May 2019 for our second
> international conference event.

Just to check: May 19th is a Sunday and the 20th a Monday. I'm assuming
that is correct?

Wido

> CFP closes Friday, February 1 at 11:59 pm PST.
>
> We will again have a selection committee that will look over the
> presentations for quality content for the community. If you have any
> questions, please let me know.
>
> [1] - https://ceph.com/cephalocon/barcelona-2019/
>
> --
>
> Mike Perez (thingee)

* Re: [ceph-users] Cephalocon Barcelona 2019 CFP now open!
       [not found]   ` <178a26e8-2a43-65c4-ed26-18c39793b6eb-fspyXLx8qC4@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-12-10 17:19     ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2018-12-10 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wido den Hollander
  Cc: ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-announce-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> On 12/10/18 5:00 PM, Mike Perez wrote:
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > It gives me great pleasure to announce the CFP for Cephalocon Barcelona
> > 2019 is now open [1]!
> >
> > Cephalocon Barcelona aims to bring together more than 800 technologists
> > and adopters from across the globe to showcase Ceph’s history and its
> > future, demonstrate real-world applications, and highlight vendor
> > solutions. Join us in Barcelona, Spain on 19-20 May 2019 for our second
> > international conference event.
> >

> Just to check: May 19th is a Sunday and the 20th a Monday. I'm assuming
> that is correct?

Yep.  KubeCon / CloudNativeCon is Tues-Thurs, so for a 2 day colocated
event it has to be Sun+Mon (or Fri+Sat).

It's gonna be worth it!  :)
sage

@ 2018-12-10 20:56     ` Mike Perez
From: Mike Perez @ 2018-12-10 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wido-fspyXLx8qC4
  Cc: ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 8:05 AM Wido den Hollander <wido@42on.com> wrote:

> On 12/10/18 5:00 PM, Mike Perez wrote:
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > It gives me great pleasure to announce the CFP for Cephalocon Barcelona
> > 2019 is now open [1]!
> >
> > Cephalocon Barcelona aims to bring together more than 800 technologists
> > and adopters from across the globe to showcase Ceph’s history and its
> > future, demonstrate real-world applications, and highlight vendor
> > solutions. Join us in Barcelona, Spain on 19-20 May 2019 for our second
> > international conference event.
> >

> Just to check: May 19th is a Sunday and the 20th a Monday. I'm assuming
> that is correct?
>
> Wido
>
> > CFP closes Friday, February 1 at 11:59 pm PST.
> >
> > We will again have a selection committee that will look over the
> > presentations for quality content for the community. If you have any
> > questions, please let me know.
> >
> > [1] - https://ceph.com/cephalocon/barcelona-2019/
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mike Perez (thingee)

I have contacted the Linux Foundation to get this corrected. Thanks

--

@ 2019-01-17  8:15 ` Mike Perez
From: Mike Perez @ 2019-01-17  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-announce-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw
  Cc: Ceph Development, ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-community-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw

Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that the deadline for Cephalocon Barcelona 2019 CFP is
February 1 at 11:59 pm PST. Please get your proposed sessions in soon
as possible for our selection committee to review. Thanks!

https://ceph.com/cephalocon/barcelona-2019/
https://linuxfoundation.smapply.io/prog/cephalocon_2019/
https://pad.ceph.com/p/cfp-coordination

--