* xm list
@ 2006-02-14 22:04 Michael Richardson
From: Michael Richardson @ 2006-02-14 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

I typed "reboot" in a domU.
It shutdown, but didn't reboot.

I then exited the console, and did "xm destroy ns2"

trout-[/etc/xen] root 30 #xm destroy ns2
Error: Internal server error

trout-[/etc/xen] root 31 #xm create -c ns2
Using config file "ns2".
Going to boot Fedora Core (2.6.15-1.43_FC5guest)
  kernel: /vmlinuz-2.6.15-1.43_FC5guest
  initrd: /initrd-2.6.15-1.43_FC5guest.img
Error: Error creating domain: VM name 'ns2' already in use by domain 12

trout-[/etc/xen] root 33 #xm list
Unexpected error: xen.xend.XendProtocol.XendError

Please report to xen-devel@lists.xensource.com
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/xm", line 10, in ?
    main.main(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xm/main.py", line 906, in main
    rc = cmd(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xm/main.py", line 356, in xm_list
    doms = getDomains(params)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xm/main.py", line 332, in getDomains
    return server.xend_list_domains()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendClient.py", line 200, in xend_list_domains
    return self.xendGet(self.domainurl(), {'detail': '1'})
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendClient.py", line 150, in xendGet
    return self.client.xendGet(url, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendProtocol.py", line 92, in xendGet
    return self.xendRequest(url, "GET", args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendProtocol.py", line 182, in xendRequest
    resp.reason)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendProtocol.py", line 112, in handleStatus
    return self.handleException(XendError(message))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendProtocol.py", line 138, in handleException
    raise err
xen.xend.XendProtocol.XendError: Internal server error
zsh: 7087 exit 1     xm list

(Submitted to bugzilla.redhat.com: # 181547 )

I can't start any new Xen.
I rebooted. I'm not on this list, just following instructions.

I got many complaints on the serial console as it rebooted.

dom0 and guests are all FC5-test2.

- --
] mcr@xelerance.com      http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/mcr/ |device driver[

* RE: xm list
@ 2005-03-04 18:48 Ian Pratt
From: Ian Pratt @ 2005-03-04 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ky Srinivasan, xen-devel; +Cc: ian.pratt

> I am running Xen 2.0.4 and I have two domains - dom0 and an additional
> domain. The non-dom0 domain is running compute intensive load
> and dom 0
> is not doing anything significant. The xm list command reports the
> following under the Time(s) column:
>
> Domain-0                      806.8
> vachiDomain                 15.2
>
> I am running the BVT scheduler with the default parameters. The time
> info for vachiDomain moves up extremely slowly - for an
> increase of 1 in
> the reported time for vachiDomain, the corresponding value
> for Domain-0
> goes up by several hundreds. What is the interpretation of the Time(s)
> column and is this behavior the expected behavior.

Nope, its certainly not intended behaviour. Please can you have a look
through the bk log for the relevant files to see when it got broken.
(Perhaps the changes to schedule_tail ?)

Thanks,
Ian

http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_ide95&alloc_id\x14396&op=click

* xm list