* Booting mainline kernels on Samsung ARM-based Chromebooks
@ 2013-05-29  0:34 ` Olof Johansson
From: Olof Johansson @ 2013-05-29  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel, linux-samsung-soc

Just a quick note that as of v3.10-rc4 (or -rc3 + arm-soc fixes
branch) there should be enough pieces in mainline to boot a Chromebook
to a useful state without out-of-tree patches.

For more info, see:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/109993695638569781190/posts/bQpzEGG15G8

There's plenty of stuff not working yet, but it'll come up with
simplefb, keyboard, trackpad and USB 2.0 for now.

-Olof

From: Olof Johansson @ 2013-05-29  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Just a quick note that as of v3.10-rc4 (or -rc3 + arm-soc fixes
branch) there should be enough pieces in mainline to boot a Chromebook
to a useful state without out-of-tree patches.

For more info, see:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/109993695638569781190/posts/bQpzEGG15G8

There's plenty of stuff not working yet, but it'll come up with
simplefb, keyboard, trackpad and USB 2.0 for now.

-Olof

* RE: Booting mainline kernels on Samsung ARM-based Chromebooks
@ 2013-05-29  0:41   ` Kukjin Kim
From: Kukjin Kim @ 2013-05-29  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Olof Johansson', linux-arm-kernel, linux-samsung-soc

Olof Johansson wrote:

> Just a quick note that as of v3.10-rc4 (or -rc3 + arm-soc fixes
> branch) there should be enough pieces in mainline to boot a Chromebook
> to a useful state without out-of-tree patches.

Sounds great. Yeah, we wanted to support mass product without any other
patches and its first product using Samsung SoC is Samsung ARM-based
Chromebook.

Thanks for many guys' effort and time.

- Kukjin

From: Kukjin Kim @ 2013-05-29  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

@ 2013-05-29  1:07   ` Jingoo Han
From: Jingoo Han @ 2013-05-29  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Olof Johansson', linux-arm-kernel, linux-samsung-soc
  Cc: Jingoo Han, Kukjin Kim, 'Doug Anderson', 'Simon Glass'

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:35 AM, Olof Johansson wrote:

> Just a quick note that as of v3.10-rc4 (or -rc3 + arm-soc fixes
> branch) there should be enough pieces in mainline to boot a Chromebook
> to a useful state without out-of-tree patches.
>
> For more info, see:
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/109993695638569781190/posts/bQpzEGG15G8

Oh, great!

As Kukjin Kim mentioned, we have wanted to support mass product
without out-of-tree patches. Also, I have gone the extra mile
to do this.

> There's plenty of stuff not working yet, but it'll come up with
> simplefb, keyboard, trackpad and USB 2.0 for now.

I will look at the patches about simplefb, USB 2.0, and so on.
If possible, I will review it.
Good luck.

Best regards,
Jingoo Han