* [Buildroot] unrecognized command line option
@ 2017-02-14 15:08 Ron Eggler
From: Ron Eggler @ 2017-02-14 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I'm trying to compile using buildroot with my own x toolchain (created for
ppc with crosstool-ng) but I get the following error on make:

powerpc-e500v2-linux-gnuspe-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '
-march=i
586'

How do I work around this?

Thanks,
Ron
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] unrecognized command line option
@ 2017-02-14 15:22 ` Carlos Santos
From: Carlos Santos @ 2017-02-14 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
> I'm trying to compile using buildroot with my own x toolchain (created for ppc
> with crosstool-ng) but I get the following error on make:

> powerpc-e500v2-linux-gnuspe-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '
> -march=i586 '

You must choose the suitable target options (first item in the main menu
when you run "make menuconfig") to match your target platform.

Carlos Santos (Casantos) - DATACOM, P&D
?Something must be done. This is something. Therefore we must do it.?
(from the BBC series ?Yes, Prime Minister?, ?Power to the people?)

* [Buildroot] unrecognized command line option
@ 2017-02-14 17:29   ` Ron Eggler
From: Ron Eggler @ 2017-02-14 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 7:22 AM, Carlos Santos <casantos@datacom.ind.br>
> > I'm trying to compile using buildroot with my own x toolchain (created
> for ppc
> > with crosstool-ng) but I get the following error on make:
>
> > powerpc-e500v2-linux-gnuspe-gcc: error: unrecognized command line
> option '
> > -march=i586 '
>
> You must choose the suitable target options (first item in the main menu
> when you run "make menuconfig") to match your target platform.

Hoops, yes, that's it! I've accidentally skipped that.
Thanks Carlos!