* [U-Boot] MMU Mapping
       [not found] <1147516840.12179908.1408611845402.JavaMail.zimbra@enst.fr>
@ 2014-08-21  9:08 ` Alexandre Delove
From: Alexandre Delove @ 2014-08-21  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello

I am trying to disable the memory management unit on my sabreLite board, but i don't find what i should do. I also want to change the mapping of the MMU, but i don't know where it is.

Do you know which file i have to edit?

Sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue.

Regards

Alexandre Delove

* [U-Boot] MMU Mapping
@ 2014-08-21 10:44   ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2014-08-21 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Alexandre,

On 21/08/2014 11:08, Alexandre Delove wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to disable the memory management unit on my sabreLite board, but i don't find what i should do. I also want to change the mapping of the MMU, but i don't know where it is.

MMU is off in U-Boot. It is turned on by kernel. Or what do you mind ?

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de

* [U-Boot] MMU Mapping
@ 2014-08-22  1:27     ` Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2014-08-22  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 08/21/2014 06:44 PM, Stefano Babic wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> On 21/08/2014 11:08, Alexandre Delove wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I am trying to disable the memory management unit on my sabreLite board, but i don't find what i should do. I also want to change the mapping of the MMU, but i don't know where it is.
>>

> MMU is off in U-Boot. It is turned on by kernel. Or what do you mind ?

To ARM, if not defined CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF, dcache_enable->cache_enable(CR_C)->mmu_setup will enable mmu and build section mapping. U can try #define CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF if it is an ARM SoC board. mmu related code locates at arch/arm/lib/cache-cp15.c

Regards,
Peng.