* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Switch backhaul based on connection
@ 2017-12-14 20:20 Carlito Nueno
From: Carlito Nueno @ 2017-12-14 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hi all,

I have nodes A, B, C.
On all nodes, wifi and lan are bridged. Also, they are all connected via mesh.

                                        |---> node B
ethernet <--> Node A <-- |
                                        | ---> node C

Node A is the exit node - connected via ethernet cable and node B and
node C are connected to A via mesh.

So, when I connect node C via ethernet, does it start using ethernet
as backhaul or still keeping mesh.

that is, when a client connects via wifi to node C, does the traffic
go via option 1 or option 2?

option 1:
client wifi <--> node C <--> mesh iface <--> node A <--> router

option 2:
client wifi <--> node C <--> ethernet eth0 <--> router

Thanks

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Switch backhaul based on connection
@ 2017-12-15  7:05 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2017-12-15  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n