* [ath9k-devel] Possibility of porting ath9k to opensolaris.
@ 2008-12-14 13:31 mumu
From: mumu @ 2008-12-14 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Greetings all,

Thanks to you guys for developing this driver!.

I am using a MacBookPro with opensolaris installed, but my AR5418 can not
work under 11n mode, so i want to port this linux driver to opensolaris.

Before i start my work, i have two questions which need your help.

1. I need a stable version as reference code, but i find that the driver
code keeps changing everyday, is there any stable version(with 11n support)
exists or any plan to deliver a stable one in near future?

2. I found that when using flash, there is a start address
"AR5416_EEPROM_START_ADDR" used in ioremap() for flash mapping, i failed to
figure out why use fixed address here, are you sure this address is
available or  reasonable in other platform?

Any help are appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Br,

Lin
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel]  Possibility of porting ath9k to opensolaris.
@ 2008-12-15  4:19 ` Sujith
From: Sujith @ 2008-12-15  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

mumu wrote:
> 1. I need a stable version as reference code, but i find that the driver code keeps changing everyday, is there any stable version(with 11n support) exists or any plan to deliver a stable one in near future?

The driver is under development, it has a few more rounds to go before it can be
called 'stable'.

> 2. I found that when using flash, there is a start address "AR5416_EEPROM_START_ADDR" used in ioremap() for flash mapping, i failed to figure out why use fixed address here, are you sure this address is available or  reasonable in other platform?

That address is used only in AP boards, it shouldn't matter for
a STA driver.

Sujith

* [ath9k-devel] Possibility of porting ath9k to opensolaris.
@ 2009-01-20 13:31   ` mumu
From: mumu @ 2009-01-20 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Greetings all,

I am porting ath9k to opensolaris, now rx function is ok and i can get scan
results via received beacon frames; but tx function still doesn't work, when
i filtered beacon frames in rx function and run scan command, i got tx
interrupt and ds->ds_txstat.ts_status == 0, but i got no scan results, i
also used sniffer tools but captured nothing.

I have no idea of what to do now, anyone would give me some clues or point
out the possible causes, sorry for lacking of useful debug information
because my OS crashed.

I use compat-wireless-2008-11-30 as reference version.

Any help are appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Br,

mumu

@ 2009-01-20 14:00     ` Sujith
From: Sujith @ 2009-01-20 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

mumu wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I am porting ath9k to opensolaris, now rx function is ok and i can get scan
> results via received beacon frames; but tx function still doesn't work, when
> i filtered beacon frames in rx function and run scan command, i got tx
> interrupt and ds->ds_txstat.ts_status == 0, but i got no scan results, i
> also used sniffer tools but captured nothing.

Nice. :)

> I have no idea of what to do now, anyone would give me some clues or point
> out the possible causes, sorry for lacking of useful debug information
> because my OS crashed.
>
> I use compat-wireless-2008-11-30 as reference version.

If a TX interrupt is being generated, then analyzing whether it was TXOK or else
TXERR/TXEOL/TXDESC would provide some clue.

Otherwise if GTT (Global Transmit Timeout) interrupts are being generated,
it would indicate that the TX descriptors are not being setup properly.

HTH.

Sujith
--
http://sujith-m.blogspot.com

* [ath9k-devel] Possibility of porting ath9k to opensolaris.
@ 2009-01-20 14:18       ` mumu
From: mumu @ 2009-01-20 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

2009/1/20 Sujith <m.sujith@gmail.com>

> mumu wrote:
> > Greetings all,
> >
> > I am porting ath9k to opensolaris, now rx function is ok and i can get
> scan
> > results via received beacon frames; but tx function still doesn't work,
> when
> > i filtered beacon frames in rx function and run scan command, i got tx
> > interrupt and ds->ds_txstat.ts_status == 0, but i got no scan results, i
> > also used sniffer tools but captured nothing.
> >

> Nice. :)
>
> > I have no idea of what to do now, anyone would give me some clues or
> point
> > out the possible causes, sorry for lacking of useful debug information
> > because my OS crashed.
> >
> > I use compat-wireless-2008-11-30 as reference version.
>
> If a TX interrupt is being generated, then analyzing whether it was TXOK or
> else
> TXERR/TXEOL/TXDESC would provide some clue.

  TX status is OK.

> Otherwise if GTT (Global Transmit Timeout) interrupts are being generated,

   Do you means ATH9K_INT_GLOBAL?

> it would indicate that the TX descriptors are not being setup properly.

   Thanks a lot for your help, i guess descriptors are not setup properly,
but i have no enough information to setup it properly because of lacking of
information from MAC80.211, i'll check it later.

   Thanks again!

   Br,

   mumu

@ 2009-02-05 14:14       ` mumu
From: mumu @ 2009-02-05 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Greetings all,
I am still working on TX function without any progress :-(

There is no GTT interrupt generated now,  but i failed to capture a
TX frame.

I guess i got something wrong in TX descriptors setting up, for example,
ath9k_hw_set11n_ratescenario(), is it necessary in non-11n mode? In
opensolaris, i have no enough information to initialize
ath9k_11n_rate_series, which is necessary for function
ath9k_hw_set11n_ratescenario(). I think rate algorithm implemented in ath9k
are base on MAC80211, i am wondering how to implement in opensolaris.

The attachemnt is the log file when i run scan command, hope it will help to
debug tx function.