* autotools --prefix ignored?
@ 2015-08-07 14:28 Adam Rossi
From: Adam Rossi @ 2015-08-07 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi folks. I have tried a number of different ways to control the
installation location of an auto tools-based project. From the command
line I would run:

./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/opt/myfolder
make
make install

In my recipe I tried a number of ways to keep the binary out of
/usr/bin, but none seem to work. Relevant parts of the recipe:

inherit autotools
EXTRA_OECONF = "--prefix=${D}/opt/myfolder"

The above is ignored, auto tools puts the results in /usr/bin

I also tried to override the do configure:

do_configure() {
        oe_runconf --prefix=${D}/opt/myfolder
}

But I get complaints that the configure script is not found. I realize
I am trying to swim upstream by controlling this location, but the
heart wants what the heart wants. Any ideas?

* Re: autotools --prefix ignored?
@ 2015-08-08 19:37 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2015-08-08 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Rossi; +Cc: yocto

> On Aug 7, 2015, at 7:28 AM, Adam Rossi <ac.rossi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks. I have tried a number of different ways to control the
> installation location of an auto tools-based project. From the command
> line I would run:
>
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/myfolder
> make
> make install
>
> In my recipe I tried a number of ways to keep the binary out of
> /usr/bin, but none seem to work. Relevant parts of the recipe:
>
> inherit autotools
> EXTRA_OECONF = "--prefix=${D}/opt/myfolder”

you should look into the build scripts run.do_configure for this recipe
and see if its honoring your —prefix and ${D} in there is wrong since this
is the prefix you want it to appear in on target which usually is relative to /

@ 2015-08-10  9:53 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2015-08-10  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Rossi; +Cc: yocto

On 7 August 2015 at 15:28, Adam Rossi <ac.rossi@gmail.com> wrote:

> inherit autotools
> EXTRA_OECONF = "--prefix=${D}/opt/myfolder"
>
> The above is ignored, auto tools puts the results in /usr/bin

Autotools already passes --prefix so you should probably just set prefix in
the recipe instead.  Also don't use ${D}.

inherit autotools
prefix=/opt/myfolder

Ross

* Re: autotools --prefix ignored?