* [GIT PULL] nvme fixes for 5.9 next rc
@ 2020-08-29 15:32 ` Sagi Grimberg
From: Sagi Grimberg @ 2020-08-29 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: linux-nvme, linux-block, Christoph Hellwig, Keith Busch

Hey Jens,

Some more nvme fixes:
- instance leak and io boundary fixes from Keith
- fc locking fix from Christophe
- various tcp/rdma reset during traffic fixes from Me
- pci use-after-free fix from Tong
- tcp target null deref fix from Ziye

Please pull.

The following changes since commit a433d7217feab712ff69ef5cc2a86f95ed1aca40:

  Merge branch 'md-fixes' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/song/md into block-5.9 (2020-08-28 07:52:02 -0600)

are available in the Git repository at:

  ssh://git.infradead.org/var/lib/git/nvme.git nvme-5.9-rc

for you to fetch changes up to 7ad92f656bddff4cf8f641e0e3b1acd4eb9644cb:

  nvme-pci: cancel nvme device request before disabling (2020-08-28 16:43:57 -0700)

Christophe JAILLET (1):
      nvmet-fc: Fix a missed _irqsave version of spin_lock in 'nvmet_fc_fod_op_done()'

Keith Busch (2):
      nvme: fix controller instance leak
      nvme: only use power of two io boundaries

Sagi Grimberg (9):
      nvme-fabrics: don't check state NVME_CTRL_NEW for request acceptance
      nvme: have nvme_wait_freeze_timeout return if it timed out
      nvme-tcp: serialize controller teardown sequences
      nvme-tcp: fix timeout handler
      nvme-tcp: fix reset hang if controller died in the middle of a reset
      nvme-rdma: serialize controller teardown sequences
      nvme-rdma: fix timeout handler
      nvme-rdma: fix reset hang if controller died in the middle of a reset
      nvme: Fix NULL dereference for pci nvme controllers

Tong Zhang (1):
      nvme-pci: cancel nvme device request before disabling

Ziye Yang (1):
      nvmet-tcp: Fix NULL dereference when a connect data comes in h2cdata pdu

 drivers/nvme/host/core.c    | 56 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 drivers/nvme/host/fabrics.c |  1 -
 drivers/nvme/host/nvme.h    |  2 +-
 drivers/nvme/host/pci.c     |  4 +--
 drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c    | 68 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 drivers/nvme/host/tcp.c     | 80 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 drivers/nvme/target/fc.c    |  4 +--
 drivers/nvme/target/tcp.c   | 10 +++++-

From: Sagi Grimberg @ 2020-08-29 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: linux-block, Keith Busch, Christoph Hellwig, linux-nvme

[...]

* Re: [GIT PULL] nvme fixes for 5.9 next rc
@ 2020-08-29 16:55   ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2020-08-29 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sagi Grimberg; +Cc: linux-nvme, linux-block, Christoph Hellwig, Keith Busch

On 8/29/20 9:32 AM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
> Hey Jens,
>
> Some more nvme fixes:
> - instance leak and io boundary fixes from Keith
> - fc locking fix from Christophe
> - various tcp/rdma reset during traffic fixes from Me
> - pci use-after-free fix from Tong
> - tcp target null deref fix from Ziye
>
> Please pull.
>
> The following changes since commit a433d7217feab712ff69ef5cc2a86f95ed1aca40:
>
>   Merge branch 'md-fixes' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/song/md into block-5.9 (2020-08-28 07:52:02 -0600)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   ssh://git.infradead.org/var/lib/git/nvme.git nvme-5.9-rc

This doesn't look right... I pulled from the usual spot, diffstat and
changes match up.

BTW, in the future, can you switch to signed tags? They are nice to use
in general, but particularly for git repos that are outside the kernel.org
infrastructure.

--
Jens Axboe

From: Jens Axboe @ 2020-08-29 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sagi Grimberg; +Cc: linux-block, Keith Busch, Christoph Hellwig, linux-nvme

@ 2020-08-30 10:23     ` Sagi Grimberg
From: Sagi Grimberg @ 2020-08-30 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: linux-nvme, linux-block, Christoph Hellwig, Keith Busch

>> Hey Jens,
>>
>> Some more nvme fixes:
>> - instance leak and io boundary fixes from Keith
>> - fc locking fix from Christophe
>> - various tcp/rdma reset during traffic fixes from Me
>> - pci use-after-free fix from Tong
>> - tcp target null deref fix from Ziye
>>
>> Please pull.
>>
>> The following changes since commit a433d7217feab712ff69ef5cc2a86f95ed1aca40:
>>
>>    Merge branch 'md-fixes' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/song/md into block-5.9 (2020-08-28 07:52:02 -0600)
>>
>> are available in the Git repository at:
>>
>>    ssh://git.infradead.org/var/lib/git/nvme.git nvme-5.9-rc
>
> This doesn't look right... I pulled from the usual spot, diffstat and
> changes match up.

Rrr, sorry forgot to fixup this line.

> BTW, in the future, can you switch to signed tags? They are nice to use
> in general, but particularly for git repos that are outside the kernel.org
> infrastructure.

We'll look into that.

Thanks Jens!

From: Sagi Grimberg @ 2020-08-30 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: linux-block, Keith Busch, Christoph Hellwig, linux-nvme

>> Hey Jens,
>>
>> Some more nvme fixes:
>> - instance leak and io boundary fixes from Keith
>> - fc locking fix from Christophe
>> - various tcp/rdma reset during traffic fixes from Me
>> - pci use-after-free fix from Tong
>> - tcp target null deref fix from Ziye
>>
>> Please pull.
>>
>> The following changes since commit a433d7217feab712ff69ef5cc2a86f95ed1aca40:
>>
>>    Merge branch 'md-fixes' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/song/md into block-5.9 (2020-08-28 07:52:02 -0600)
>>
>> are available in the Git repository at:
>>
>>    ssh://git.infradead.org/var/lib/git/nvme.git nvme-5.9-rc
>
> This doesn't look right... I pulled from the usual spot, diffstat and
> changes match up.

Rrr, sorry forgot to fixup this line.

> BTW, in the future, can you switch to signed tags? They are nice to use
> in general, but particularly for git repos that are outside the kernel.org
> infrastructure.

We'll look into that.

Thanks Jens!