* Ceph Upgrade Issue
@ 2016-08-23 16:01 Thipparapu Vijaykumar
From: Thipparapu Vijaykumar @ 2016-08-23 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi All,
           I've a requirement where my existing ceph cluster need to
run with the newly build ceph source with instrumented additional
debugs.
 Could anyone help me to achieve the above requirement?

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Kumar.

* Re: Ceph Upgrade Issue
@ 2016-08-23 18:44 ` Wido den Hollander
From: Wido den Hollander @ 2016-08-23 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thipparapu Vijaykumar, ceph-devel

> Op 23 augustus 2016 om 18:01 schreef Thipparapu Vijaykumar <thipparapu.vijaykumar@gmail.com>:
>

> Hi All,
>            I've a requirement where my existing ceph cluster need to
> run with the newly build ceph source with instrumented additional
> debugs.
>  Could anyone help me to achieve the above requirement?

Why not build DEB or RPM packages from source and install them? That's usually a easy route to take in this case.

For DEB it's just:

$ dpkg-buildpackage

Wido

> Thanks & Regards,
> Vijay Kumar.

* Re: Ceph Upgrade Issue
@ 2016-08-24 13:06   ` Thipparapu Vijaykumar
From: Thipparapu Vijaykumar @ 2016-08-24 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wido den Hollander; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi Wido,

           Thanks for reply. After building DEB packages from the Ceph
source, could you please tell me  how  to install all those DEB
packages on entire cluster.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Kumar.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:14 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@42on.com> wrote:

>> Op 23 augustus 2016 om 18:01 schreef Thipparapu Vijaykumar <thipparapu.vijaykumar@gmail.com>:
>>

>> Hi All,
>>            I've a requirement where my existing ceph cluster need to
>> run with the newly build ceph source with instrumented additional
>> debugs.
>>  Could anyone help me to achieve the above requirement?
>>

> Why not build DEB or RPM packages from source and install them? That's usually a easy route to take in this case.
>
> For DEB it's just:
>
> $ dpkg-buildpackage
>
> Wido
>

>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Vijay Kumar.
>> --

* Re: Ceph Upgrade Issue
@ 2016-08-24 14:00     ` Wido den Hollander
From: Wido den Hollander @ 2016-08-24 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thipparapu Vijaykumar; +Cc: ceph-devel

> Op 24 augustus 2016 om 15:06 schreef Thipparapu Vijaykumar <thipparapu.vijaykumar@gmail.com>:
>

> Hi Wido,
>
>            Thanks for reply. After building DEB packages from the Ceph
> source, could you please tell me  how  to install all those DEB
> packages on entire cluster.

Just like you do with any other DEB. Copy it to the machines and install it with dpkg.

Wido

> Thanks & Regards,
> Vijay Kumar.
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:14 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@42on.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Op 23 augustus 2016 om 18:01 schreef Thipparapu Vijaykumar <thipparapu.vijaykumar@gmail.com>:
> >>

> >> Hi All,
> >>            I've a requirement where my existing ceph cluster need to
> >> run with the newly build ceph source with instrumented additional
> >> debugs.
> >>  Could anyone help me to achieve the above requirement?
> >>

> > Why not build DEB or RPM packages from source and install them? That's usually a easy route to take in this case.
> >
> > For DEB it's just:
> >
> > $ dpkg-buildpackage
> >
> > Wido
> >

> >> Thanks & Regards,
> >> Vijay Kumar.
> >> --

* Re: Ceph Upgrade Issue
@ 2016-08-25 12:39       ` Thipparapu Vijaykumar
From: Thipparapu Vijaykumar @ 2016-08-25 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wido den Hollander; +Cc: ceph-devel

Thanks Wido for your help, Now I am able to see my debugs in log files.

Regards,
Vijay kumar.