* Re: [1/2] mm: drop migrate type checks from has_unmovable_pages
@ 2017-11-05 21:56 ` Stefan Wahren
From: Stefan Wahren @ 2017-11-05 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Hocko
  Cc: Joonsoo Kim, Vitaly Kuznetsov, linux-kernel, linux-usb, linux-mm,
	Michael Ellerman, Vlastimil Babka, Andrew Morton,
	KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki, Reza Arbab, Yasuaki Ishimatsu, qiuxishi,
	Igor Mammedov

Hi Michal,

the dwc2 USB driver on BCM2835 in linux-next is affected by the CMA allocation issue. A quick web search guide me to your patch, which avoid the issue.

Since the patch wasn't accepted, i want to know is there another solution?
Is this an issue in dwc2?

Best regards
Stefan

From: Stefan Wahren @ 2017-11-05 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Hocko
  Cc: Joonsoo Kim, Vitaly Kuznetsov, linux-kernel, linux-usb, linux-mm,

@ 2017-11-06  7:47   ` Vlastimil Babka
From: Vlastimil Babka @ 2017-11-06  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Wahren, Michal Hocko
  Cc: Joonsoo Kim, Vitaly Kuznetsov, linux-kernel, linux-usb, linux-mm,
	Michael Ellerman, Andrew Morton, KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki, Reza Arbab,

On 11/05/2017 10:56 PM, Stefan Wahren wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> the dwc2 USB driver on BCM2835 in linux-next is affected by the CMA allocation issue. A quick web search guide me to your patch, which avoid the issue.
>
> Since the patch wasn't accepted, i want to know is there another solution?

AFAIK it was accepted:
http://www.ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/broken-out/mm-drop-migrate-type-checks-from-has_unmovable_pages.patch

So I'd expect it to be in current linux-next as well.

From: Vlastimil Babka @ 2017-11-06  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Wahren, Michal Hocko
  Cc: Joonsoo Kim, Vitaly Kuznetsov, linux-kernel, linux-usb, linux-mm,

@ 2017-11-06  8:14   ` Michal Hocko
From: Michal Hocko @ 2017-11-06  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Wahren
  Cc: Joonsoo Kim, Vitaly Kuznetsov, linux-kernel, linux-usb, linux-mm,

On Sun 05-11-17 22:56:32, Stefan Wahren wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> the dwc2 USB driver on BCM2835 in linux-next is affected by the CMA
> allocation issue. A quick web search guide me to your patch, which
> avoid the issue.

Thanks for your testing. Can I assume your Tested-by?

> Since the patch wasn't accepted, i want to know is there another solution?

The patch should be in next-20171106

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs

From: Michal Hocko @ 2017-11-06  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Wahren
  Cc: Joonsoo Kim, Vitaly Kuznetsov, linux-kernel, linux-usb, linux-mm,

@ 2017-11-06  8:46     ` Stefan Wahren
From: Stefan Wahren @ 2017-11-06  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Hocko
  Cc: Joonsoo Kim, Vitaly Kuznetsov, linux-kernel, linux-usb, linux-mm,

Am 06.11.2017 um 09:14 schrieb Michal Hocko:
> On Sun 05-11-17 22:56:32, Stefan Wahren wrote:
>> Hi Michal,
>>
>> the dwc2 USB driver on BCM2835 in linux-next is affected by the CMA
>> allocation issue. A quick web search guide me to your patch, which
>> avoid the issue.
> Thanks for your testing. Can I assume your Tested-by?

Yes

From: Stefan Wahren @ 2017-11-06  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Hocko
  Cc: Joonsoo Kim, Vitaly Kuznetsov, linux-kernel, linux-usb, linux-mm,