* Re: TortoiseGit
       [not found] <83d7aaa40812131828r2eebd309oaf8531b88d4c925c@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-12-14  9:46 ` Li Frank
       [not found]   ` <83d7aaa40812141412j20ae6b5l356d70a45d1d480b@mail.gmail.com>
From: Li Frank @ 2008-12-14  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoffrey Lee, git

Yes!
TSVNcache.exe has not started porting! TSVNCache is used for overlay icon.
TortoiseMerge have not started porting!

I think this release is just a begining.

best regards
Frank Li

2008/12/14 Geoffrey Lee <geoffreyj.lee@gmail.com>:
> Hi Frank,
> I was just about to start a TortoiseGit project until I saw your project
> today. Would you like any help?
> -Geoffrey Lee

* Re: TortoiseGit
       [not found]   ` <83d7aaa40812141412j20ae6b5l356d70a45d1d480b@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-12-15  1:11     ` Li Frank
From: Li Frank @ 2008-12-15  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoffrey Lee; +Cc: git

TortoiseGit is base on TortoiseSVN 14459.
I will push 14459 TSVNCache code to repository tonight.
So you can have a base.

2008/12/15 Geoffrey Lee <geoffreyj.lee@gmail.com>:
> Ok, I'll start taking a look at TSVNCache.
> -Geoffrey Lee
>
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Li Frank <lznuaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes!
>> TSVNcache.exe has not started porting! TSVNCache is used for overlay icon.
>> TortoiseMerge have not started porting!
>>
>> I think this release is just a begining.
>>
>> best regards
>> Frank Li
>>
>> 2008/12/14 Geoffrey Lee <geoffreyj.lee@gmail.com>:
>> > Hi Frank,
>> > I was just about to start a TortoiseGit project until I saw your project
>> > today. Would you like any help?
>> > -Geoffrey Lee

* Re: TortoiseGIT
@ 2009-12-16  6:26 ` Frank Li
From: Frank Li @ 2009-12-16  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laszlo Papp; +Cc: git

You keep cr+lf on/off on whole develop cycle.  Avoid change it during
developing.
After change cr+lf setting, I perfer you remove all work copy and
recheckout all.

best regards
Frank Li

2009/12/15 Laszlo Papp <djszapi@archlinux.us>:
> Hello,
>
> I had got a problem in the past with cr + lf between windows and linux
> client(maybe now too).
> I heard that from more experienced users I need to set autocrlf +
> safecrlf on windows, and core.autocrlf false on linux (which is the
> default), but If I set core.autocrlf true on linux too, it worked
> normally, after a git pull on windows I don't see any modified file
> that should be committed, not the case in core.autocrlf false.
>
> Could someone explain this habbit of git, please ?
>
> Everybody said I need to set autocrlf for false, but it doesn't work
> so, just with true on linux client, what do I do wrong ?
> It's okay now for me, because it works without any problem, I just
> don't understand the behaviour of it, and I don't know whether it will
> cause further problems.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best Regards,
> Laszlo Papp

* TortoiseGIT
@ 2009-12-15 15:41 Laszlo Papp
From: Laszlo Papp @ 2009-12-15 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

@ 2009-02-08  7:39       ` Frank Li
From: Frank Li @ 2009-02-08  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor Westmann; +Cc: git

I have added po file to TortoiseGit Repository.
I think you can start translation.

2009/1/11 Frank Li <lznuaa@gmail.com>:
> Absolutely yes!
> Welcome translation!

* Re: TortoiseGit
@ 2009-01-11  3:09     ` Frank Li
From: Frank Li @ 2009-01-11  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor Westmann; +Cc: git

Absolutely yes!
Welcome translation!

* Re: TortoiseGit
@ 2009-01-11  3:06   ` Victor Westmann
From: Victor Westmann @ 2009-01-11  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Li; +Cc: git

Frank,

hi. Youre more than welcome! I have helped in the translation of
TortoiseCVS and TortoiseSVN so I thought it would be nice to help in
this project too! :)

Cheers.

--
[]s

Victor Westmann
Steve Martin  - "I like a woman with a head on her shoulders. I hate necks."

* Re: TortoiseGit
@ 2009-01-11  1:57 ` Frank Li
From: Frank Li @ 2009-01-11  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor Westmann; +Cc: git

Great!
I have not to enabled multi-language support yet.

I will enable it soon.

When it is ready,  I will tell you.

Thank you very much

* TortoiseGit
@ 2009-01-10 22:46 Victor Westmann
From: Victor Westmann @ 2009-01-10 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi everyone.

How can I help translate this nice piece of software to my native
language? (pt_BR = Brazilian portuguese).

Cheers.

--
[]s

Victor Westmann
Joan Crawford  - "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar.
Everything I earn, I spend."

* Re: TortoiseGit
@ 2008-12-15  3:48             ` Geoffrey Lee
From: Geoffrey Lee @ 2008-12-15  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Junio C Hamano; +Cc: Li Frank, git

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com> wrote:
> That cuts both ways.  Most development around git happen on this list and
> taking a project's development discussion away from here will hide it from
> the mainstream development.  People involved in TortoiseGit may decide
> that asking for some change in the core is a good idea on their own Wiki,
> and after spending significant amount of effort come back to this list
> with a request for change, which may turn out to be suboptimal (or worse,
> impossible) solution, and you can avoid such wasted effort by keeping the
> discussion on list here.

We ended up creating:
http://groups.google.com/group/tortoisegit-users
http://groups.google.com/group/tortoisegit-dev
http://groups.google.com/group/tortoisegit-announce

Although I believe Frank wanted to keep discussion on here for now
until our growth warrants a separate list.

-Geoffrey Lee

* Re: TortoiseGit
@ 2008-12-15  3:39           ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2008-12-15  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoffrey Lee; +Cc: Li Frank, git

@ 2008-12-15  2:03         ` Geoffrey Lee
From: Geoffrey Lee @ 2008-12-15  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Li Frank; +Cc: git

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Li Frank <lznuaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's better github compared with repos.or.cz.

Github projects come with a wiki, and you can watch the project for
changes. If you are only concerned about having your source code
publicly accessible, then repo.or.cz is perfectly fine.

Regardless of whether or not you migrate to github, I recommend that
you setup mailing lists for announcements, users, and devs.

-Geoffrey Lee

* Re: TortoiseGit
@ 2008-12-15  1:29         ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2008-12-15  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Li Frank; +Cc: Tim Visher, git

"Li Frank" <lznuaa@gmail.com> writes:

> What's better github compared with repos.or.cz.

People just wanted to have it on some publicly accessible site.
repo.or.cz should be just fine, I think.

* Re: TortoiseGit
@ 2008-12-15  1:12       ` Li Frank
From: Li Frank @ 2008-12-15  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Visher, git

2008/12/15 Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 7:26 AM, Alcides Fonseca <me@alcidesfonseca.com> wrote:
>
>> have your main git repo in github.com
>
> +1
>
> --
>
> In Christ,
>
> Timmy V.
>
> http://burningones.com/
> http://five.sentenc.es/ - Spend less time on e-mail

* Re: TortoiseGit
@ 2008-12-14 17:00     ` Tim Visher
From: Tim Visher @ 2008-12-14 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alcides Fonseca; +Cc: Li Frank, git

@ 2008-12-14 12:26   ` Alcides Fonseca
From: Alcides Fonseca @ 2008-12-14 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Li Frank; +Cc: git

Em 2008/12/14, às 09:47, Li Frank escreveu:

> You post nothing!

I'm used to send a first email to subscribe to some mailing list. I'm
sorry for that.

I wanted to suggest you to have your main git repo in github.com, that
is like a social network of opensource projects. It's also free, and
it will give the project more exposition, that may mean more
contributors.

Just a suggestion ;)

Alcides Fonseca

* Re: TortoiseGit