* upgrading pseudo on zeus branch to handle gcc 10?
@ 2021-02-15 20:11 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2021-02-15 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

  yes, i know fedora 33 is not a supported build distro, but in trying
an absolutely stock build of core-image-minimal from poky (zeus
branch) on my F33 system, i ran into a gcc 10-related build error for
which this:

https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/pseudo/commit/?h=oe-core&id=a44361b8d3fbf5fc40cd87b599caeb380454efbe

would appear to be just the solution. so is there a proper protocol
for handling this? should the zeus branch move up to the incorporate
that commit? or what?

rday

* Re: [OE-core] upgrading pseudo on zeus branch to handle gcc 10?
@ 2021-02-15 22:20 ` akuster
From: akuster @ 2021-02-15 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/15/21 12:11 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   yes, i know fedora 33 is not a supported build distro, but in trying
> an absolutely stock build of core-image-minimal from poky (zeus
> branch) on my F33 system, i ran into a gcc 10-related build error for
> which this:
>
> https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/pseudo/commit/?h=oe-core&id=a44361b8d3fbf5fc40cd87b599caeb380454efbe
>
> would appear to be just the solution. so is there a proper protocol
> for handling this? should the zeus branch move up to the incorporate
> that commit? or what?
wouldn't bbappend of that patch work?

-armin

@ 2021-02-15 22:27   ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2021-02-15 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021, akuster808 wrote:

> On 2/15/21 12:11 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   yes, i know fedora 33 is not a supported build distro, but in trying
> > an absolutely stock build of core-image-minimal from poky (zeus
> > branch) on my F33 system, i ran into a gcc 10-related build error for
> > which this:
> >
> > https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/pseudo/commit/?h=oe-core&id=a44361b8d3fbf5fc40cd87b599caeb380454efbe
> >
> > would appear to be just the solution. so is there a proper protocol
> > for handling this? should the zeus branch move up to the incorporate
> > that commit? or what?

> wouldn't bbappend of that patch work?

  are you suggesting i just do that locally for my own benefit, or
that that is something that can be submitted as a patch so that others
get the benefit as well? i know i can add that as a local patch, but
if the roadmap includes supporting zeus under gcc 10, then that patch
would need to be applied universally.

rday