* [Xenomai] Where can I find the ipipe patch for linux kernel v4.4.y
@ 2017-02-23 14:04 Nitin Kulkarni
From: Nitin Kulkarni @ 2017-02-23 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,

I am trying to apply the ipipe patch to an Ostro distribution which has a 4.4.36 Kernel.

I see that the latest I pipe patch on https://xenomai.org/downloads/ipipe/v4.x/x86/? is 4.1.18.

Can you please give some insights on where to get the patch for 4.4 ?

Regards,

Nitin

* Re: [Xenomai] Where can I find the ipipe patch for linux kernel v4.4.y
@ 2017-02-25 17:57 ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2017-02-25 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nitin Kulkarni, xenomai

On 02/23/2017 03:04 PM, Nitin Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to apply the ipipe patch to an Ostro distribution which has a 4.4.36 Kernel.
>
> I see that the latest I pipe patch on https://xenomai.org/downloads/ipipe/v4.x/x86/? is 4.1.18.
>

> Can you please give some insights on where to get the patch for 4.4 ?

Same location, just uploaded.

--
Philippe.

* Re: [Xenomai] Where can I find the ipipe patch for linux kernel v4.4.y
@ 2017-02-27  8:56   ` Henning Schild
From: Henning Schild @ 2017-02-27  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Gerum; +Cc: Nitin Kulkarni, xenomai

Am Sat, 25 Feb 2017 18:57:56 +0100
schrieb Philippe Gerum <rpm@xenomai.org>:

> On 02/23/2017 03:04 PM, Nitin Kulkarni wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to apply the ipipe patch to an Ostro distribution which
> > has a 4.4.36 Kernel.
> >
> > I see that the latest I pipe patch on
> > https://xenomai.org/downloads/ipipe/v4.x/x86/? is 4.1.18.
> >

> > Can you please give some insights on where to get the patch for
> > 4.4 ?
> >

> Same location, just uploaded.

I would expect that to reflect the git-repo somehow and show up as tag
on the ipipe-4.4.y branch. As far as i can see there are no tags on
that branch yet, so i am also wondering where the -6 comes from.

Henning

* Re: [Xenomai] Where can I find the ipipe patch for linux kernel v4.4.y
@ 2017-02-27  9:00     ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2017-02-27  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Schild; +Cc: Nitin Kulkarni, xenomai

--
Philippe.

* Re: [Xenomai] Where can I find the ipipe patch for linux kernel v4.4.y
@ 2017-02-27  9:57       ` Henning Schild
From: Henning Schild @ 2017-02-27  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Gerum; +Cc: Nitin Kulkarni, xenomai

Am Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:00:49 +0100
schrieb Philippe Gerum <rpm@xenomai.org>:

> On 02/27/2017 09:56 AM, Henning Schild wrote:
> > Am Sat, 25 Feb 2017 18:57:56 +0100
> > schrieb Philippe Gerum <rpm@xenomai.org>:

> >> Same location, just uploaded.
> >
> > I would expect that to reflect the git-repo somehow and show up as
> > tag on the ipipe-4.4.y branch. As far as i can see there are no
> > tags on that branch yet, so i am also wondering where the -6 comes
> > from.
>
> From tags that were not pushed.

I see those tags are at the branch-head i am already working with. When
is the IPIPE_CORE_RELEASE reset to 0 or 1? On the 4.1 branch it
started over at 1 for all archs, in 4.4 it is between 5 and 7.

Henning

* Re: [Xenomai] Where can I find the ipipe patch for linux kernel v4.4.y
@ 2017-02-27 10:09         ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2017-02-27 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Schild; +Cc: Nitin Kulkarni, xenomai

On 02/27/2017 10:57 AM, Henning Schild wrote:
> Am Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:00:49 +0100
> schrieb Philippe Gerum <rpm@xenomai.org>:
>
>> On 02/27/2017 09:56 AM, Henning Schild wrote:

>>> I would expect that to reflect the git-repo somehow and show up as
>>> tag on the ipipe-4.4.y branch. As far as i can see there are no
>>> tags on that branch yet, so i am also wondering where the -6 comes
>>> from.
>>
>> From tags that were not pushed.
>
> I see those tags are at the branch-head i am already working with.

I pushed them an hour ago.

 When
> is the IPIPE_CORE_RELEASE reset to 0 or 1? On the 4.1 branch it
> started over at 1 for all archs, in 4.4 it is between 5 and 7.

It is reset when a visible (or very significant) change occurs in the
core implementation.

--
Philippe.