* How to build a custom ramdisk image
@ 2013-08-22  8:53 Mercier Ivan
From: Mercier Ivan @ 2013-08-22  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi everybody,

I'm working on an yocto distrib with a freescale p3041 based board.
I would like to modify the root file system, like hostname,udev rules
and build my own ramdisk image.
I use to create my image by
$ bitbake fsl-image-core

is it corret?

should I modidy fsl-image-core.bb?

I try to modify files in
build_p3041ds_release/tmp/work/p3041ds-fsl_networking-linux/fsl-image-core/1.0-r20/rootfs

but modifications are overwrited

can anybody help me?

thanks a lot

* Re: How to build a custom ramdisk image
@ 2013-08-23 17:21 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2013-08-23 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mercier Ivan; +Cc: yocto

On Aug 22, 2013, at 1:53 AM, Mercier Ivan <ivan.mercier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm working on an yocto distrib with a freescale p3041 based board.
> I would like to modify the root file system, like hostname,udev rules
> and build my own ramdisk image.
> I use to create my image by
> $ bitbake fsl-image-core
>
> is it corret?
>
> should I modidy fsl-image-core.bb?
>
> I try to modify files in
> build_p3041ds_release/tmp/work/p3041ds-fsl_networking-linux/fsl-image-core/1.0-r20/rootfs
>
> but modifications are overwrited
>
> can anybody help me?

You can do it in couple of ways, define rootfs post processing functions and add them to ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND
in a class or something and add the tweaks you want in image

otherwise you can override the file with customized changes in a layer and use bbappends to stich them into
the recipe you want to modify.

@ 2013-08-29  9:51           ` Mercier Ivan
From: Mercier Ivan @ 2013-08-29  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luo Zhenhua-B19537; +Cc: meta-freescale, linux-yocto

yeah I know this recipe,
but how I integrate it to my image recipe?
thanks

@ 2013-08-28 12:35         ` Luo Zhenhua-B19537
From: Luo Zhenhua-B19537 @ 2013-08-28 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mercier Ivan; +Cc: meta-freescale, linux-yocto