* [Question] About allocsp_calls not implemented
@ 2022-03-29  9:59 liuyd.fnst
From: liuyd.fnst @ 2022-03-29  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fstests; +Cc: xiagao

Hi, all.

We noticed below tests failed due to fsx issue introduced by a32fb1bb
fsx: add support for XFS_IOC_ALLOCSP.

generic/075  generic/091  generic/112  generic/127  generic/263

The log shows "do_allocsp: allocsp: Function not implemented".

The error has been around for a while so I want to know whether upstream
has got this info. As of now, we revert cd99a499 and a32fb1bb to test.

--
Best Regards.
Yiding Liu

* Re: [Question] About allocsp_calls not implemented
@ 2022-03-29 11:35 ` Zorro Lang
From: Zorro Lang @ 2022-03-29 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darrick J. Wong; +Cc: fstests, liuyd.fnst

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 09:59:02AM +0000, liuyd.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> We noticed below tests failed due to fsx issue introduced by a32fb1bb
> fsx: add support for XFS_IOC_ALLOCSP.
>
> generic/075  generic/091  generic/112  generic/127  generic/263
>
> The log shows "do_allocsp: allocsp: Function not implemented".

Hmm... Darrick, I think we'd better to disable IOC_ALLOCSP operation
in fsx.c by default, and use another option to allow user to enable it
if they need. Or use another option to disable it, leave -F for fallocate
only.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Zorro

@ 2022-03-29 20:14   ` Darrick J. Wong
From: Darrick J. Wong @ 2022-03-29 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fstests, liuyd.fnst

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 07:35:21PM +0800, Zorro Lang wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 09:59:02AM +0000, liuyd.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:
> > Hi, all.
> >
> > We noticed below tests failed due to fsx issue introduced by a32fb1bb
> > fsx: add support for XFS_IOC_ALLOCSP.
> >
> > generic/075  generic/091  generic/112  generic/127  generic/263
> >
> > The log shows "do_allocsp: allocsp: Function not implemented".
>
> Hmm... Darrick, I think we'd better to disable IOC_ALLOCSP operation
> in fsx.c by default, and use another option to allow user to enable it
> if they need. Or use another option to disable it, leave -F for fallocate
> only.
>
> What do you think?

I'd remove ALLOCSP support from fsx entirely.

--D

@ 2022-03-30  4:57     ` Zorro Lang
From: Zorro Lang @ 2022-03-30  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darrick J. Wong; +Cc: fstests, liuyd.fnst

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 01:14:21PM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 07:35:21PM +0800, Zorro Lang wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 09:59:02AM +0000, liuyd.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:
> > > Hi, all.
> > >
> > > We noticed below tests failed due to fsx issue introduced by a32fb1bb
> > > fsx: add support for XFS_IOC_ALLOCSP.
> > >
> > > generic/075  generic/091  generic/112  generic/127  generic/263
> > >
> > > The log shows "do_allocsp: allocsp: Function not implemented".
> >
> > Hmm... Darrick, I think we'd better to disable IOC_ALLOCSP operation
> > in fsx.c by default, and use another option to allow user to enable it
> > if they need. Or use another option to disable it, leave -F for fallocate
> > only.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I'd remove ALLOCSP support from fsx entirely.

OK... So we took a roundabout way and back :) I have no objection to
revert it, due to it cause some of my testing has to use "fsx -F" to
continue.

I'll revert two related commits:
Revert "fsx: add support for XFS_IOC_ALLOCSP"
Revert "fsx: disable allocsp_calls if -F is specified"

I'll combine them into one patch, and send out to review. To check what
others think about that :)

Thanks,
Zorro