* Can not unload ath11k_pci and load it back
@ 2021-10-05 19:32 Mark Herbert
From: Mark Herbert @ 2021-10-05 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath11k

Dear ath11k team,

The main issue is I can not hibernate and wake up my XPS 13 9310.  If I
keep module loaded it hibernate. Bu hangs on resume. If I unload module
- it resumes OK but there is no chance to have WIFI back without reboot.

If I do rmmod ath11k_pci - it shows errors in dmesg:

[   48.801504] ath11k_pci 0000:72:00.0: link down error during global reset
[   48.801700] DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 2
[   48.801709] DMAR: [INTR-REMAP] Request device [0x72:0x00.0] fault
index 0x60 [fault reason 0x22] Present field in the IRTE entry is clear

If I do modprobe immediately it does load module but card will not come
back again.

In Arch wiki reloading modules was explained as a workaround to
suspend-resume 9310, but looks like it does not work anymore. Suspend to
idle works fine - no module unloading needed.

Kind regards

Mark.

* Re: Can not unload ath11k_pci and load it back
@ 2021-10-31  7:43 Mark Herbert
From: Mark Herbert @ 2021-10-31  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath11k

I've downgraded firmware to the
version  WLAN.HST.1.0.1-01230-QCAHSTSWPLZ_V2_TO_X86-1

WIth this firmware I am able to do rmmod and insmod without any issue.
But suspend-resume does not work if i do not do rmmod before going to
suspend or hibernate.

But from the users point of view this config looks better - not a big
deal to automate rmmod/modprobe sequence on suspend resume and have both
suspend to ram and suspend to disk working  rather than have brilliant
s2idle support but completely broken hibernation.

Anyway I have workaround for now - till the issue root is found.