* [Printing-architecture] Free Live stream on YouTube: OpenPrinting Microconference on Linux Plumbers Conference 2020
@ 2020-08-27 18:59 Till Kamppeter
From: Till Kamppeter @ 2020-08-27 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Open Printing

Hi,

as ome of you have already read on or web site, we are having a
microconference on the (all virtual) Linux Plumbers 2020.

Everyone not being so lucky to have a ticket for the conference, here
are links to live streams of all sessions (recordings of past sessions)
on YouTube:

https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/100-watch-live-free

Tomorrow, right before our session also the link for our session will
get activated.

The session takes place

Friday, August 28 from 2pm - 6pm UTC

More info here:

https://openprinting.github.io/OpenPrinting-Microconference-on-Linux-Plumbers-Conference-2020/

So have a look on how it will go on with printing and scanning with free
software.

    Till

----------

OpenPrinting Microconference on Linux Plumbers Conference 2020

As already back in 2019 we are holding a Microconference on the Linux
Plumbers 2020, this year in …

… the wider Internet!! Yes, due to COVID-19 it is all virtual this time,
no travelling, no 12 hours with a mask in an airplane full of people.
But also no nice sights and delicious restaurants, not tourist-guiding
my co-workers with the help of my knowledge of the Portuguese language
through a nice city.

But it has also one big advantage: It is much easier to get the desired
speakers, as one does not need to get their travel funded. So we will
have Michael Sweet, Ira McDonald, Aveek Basu, Alexander Pevzner, and
Rithvik Patibandla on our virtual stage, and me naturally, too.

We will talk about the following subjects:

- Printer Applications - A new way to print in Linux
- IPP scan (or virtual MF device) server (Scanner Application)
- 3D Printing
- IPP Fax Out - A new reality
- Designing and Packaging Printer and Scanner Drivers

The conference takes place from Monday, August 24 to Friday, August 28,
every day from 2pm - 6pm UTC. Our day will be the Friday, August 28,
with our microconference to span all the 4 hours. Everyone is invited to
visit us.

If you are actually attending the Linux Plumbers Conference, please
visit the OpenPrinting MC on Friday and participate in the discussion of
the future of printing and scanning. If you are not registered, please
listen in via YouTube Live Stream for free. The links to the YouTube
streams will appear on this page shortly before the sessions start.

* Re: [Printing-architecture] Free Live stream on YouTube: OpenPrinting Microconference on Linux Plumbers Conference 2020
@ 2020-08-28 10:32 ` Till Kamppeter
From: Till Kamppeter @ 2020-08-28 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Open Printing

Link to the live stream on YouTube: https://youtu.be/MPGh9FUW4as)

August 28, 2pm - 6pm UTC, recording afterwards

In 3:30 hours from now!

    Till

On 27/08/2020 20:59, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as ome of you have already read on or web site, we are having a
> microconference on the (all virtual) Linux Plumbers 2020.
>
> Everyone not being so lucky to have a ticket for the conference, here
> are links to live streams of all sessions (recordings of past sessions)
> on YouTube:
>
> https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/100-watch-live-free
>
> Tomorrow, right before our session also the link for our session will
> get activated.
>
> The session takes place
>
> Friday, August 28 from 2pm - 6pm UTC
>
> More info here:
>
> https://openprinting.github.io/OpenPrinting-Microconference-on-Linux-Plumbers-Conference-2020/
>

> So have a look on how it will go on with printing and scanning with free
> software.
>
>     Till
>

> ----------
>
> OpenPrinting Microconference on Linux Plumbers Conference 2020
>
> As already back in 2019 we are holding a Microconference on the Linux
> Plumbers 2020, this year in …
>
> … the wider Internet!! Yes, due to COVID-19 it is all virtual this time,
> no travelling, no 12 hours with a mask in an airplane full of people.
> But also no nice sights and delicious restaurants, not tourist-guiding
> my co-workers with the help of my knowledge of the Portuguese language
> through a nice city.
>
> But it has also one big advantage: It is much easier to get the desired
> speakers, as one does not need to get their travel funded. So we will
> have Michael Sweet, Ira McDonald, Aveek Basu, Alexander Pevzner, and
> Rithvik Patibandla on our virtual stage, and me naturally, too.
>
> We will talk about the following subjects:
>
> - Printer Applications - A new way to print in Linux
> - IPP scan (or virtual MF device) server (Scanner Application)
> - 3D Printing
> - IPP Fax Out - A new reality
> - Designing and Packaging Printer and Scanner Drivers
>
> The conference takes place from Monday, August 24 to Friday, August 28,
> every day from 2pm - 6pm UTC. Our day will be the Friday, August 28,
> with our microconference to span all the 4 hours. Everyone is invited to
> visit us.
>
> If you are actually attending the Linux Plumbers Conference, please
> visit the OpenPrinting MC on Friday and participate in the discussion of
> the future of printing and scanning. If you are not registered, please
> listen in via YouTube Live Stream for free. The links to the YouTube
> streams will appear on this page shortly before the sessions start.

* [Printing-architecture] Recording on YouTube: OpenPrinting Microconference on Linux Plumbers Conference 2020
@ 2020-08-28 18:38   ` Till Kamppeter
From: Till Kamppeter @ 2020-08-28 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Open Printing

With the event having ended the YouTube stream turned a recording now.

https://youtu.be/MPGh9FUW4as

So you can listen in for what you have missed.

    Till