From: "Andrew Jeffery" <andrew@aj.id.au>
To: "Kurt Taylor" <kurt.r.taylor@gmail.com>,
	"OpenBMC Maillist" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: Re: OpenBMC Project metrics
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 09:03:36 +1030	[thread overview]

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019, at 05:14, Kurt Taylor wrote:
> All, I just posted the project merge metrics for September and
> October. I will be updating the company/developer lists for November
> and posting those shortly. Enjoy.
>
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Project-Metrics
>
> NOTE: these metrics should be used *very carefully*. They do not
> represent the total contributions to the project. We value
> contributions many that do not show up in these charts, including
> reviews, mail list involvement, IRC involvement, etc.

Given all the caveats and the lopsided view the graphs display, what
are we trying to achieve by graphing the metric of commits per company?

It's also not clear to me what the inputs to these graphs are, for instance
whether changes to Linux, u-boot, qemu or other major projects that we
consume and contribute to are included or whether it's just repositories
under the openbmc org on github. If we're excluding upstream projects,
why?

Where are the scripts to reproduce the graphs? Can you contribute them
to openbmc-tools?

Andrew