* (no subject)
@ 2001-05-16 15:05 siva prasad
From: siva prasad @ 2001-05-16 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Sorry for the newbie question..

Is it true that the ipc calls like
msgget(),shmget()...
are  not really system calls?

Cos in the file "asm/unistd.h" where the
system calls are listed as __NR_xxx we dont find
the appropriate listing for the ipc calls.
What I guessed was that all the ipc calls are
clubbed under the 'int ipc()' system call and this
is well listed in the "asm/unistd.h"

Could some one explain why the ipc is implemented
this way rather that implementing them as individual
system calls as in UNIX.

Or is it the same way in UNIX

http://auctions.yahoo.com/