* (no subject)
@ 2002-02-27 19:02 Metrix
From: Metrix @ 2002-02-27 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

with selinux is it possible to say make a file or
directory unable to be viewed, deleted or moved, or
even altered, the ONLY operation allowed is
appending....is this possible to implement with
selinux?

i am a bit unsure oh what MAC and such is, is there a
guide somewhere that clearly explains it?

* Re:
@ 2002-02-27 19:30 ` Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2002-02-27 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Metrix, selinux

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:02, Metrix wrote:
> with selinux is it possible to say make a file or
> directory unable to be viewed, deleted or moved, or
> even altered, the ONLY operation allowed is
> appending....is this possible to implement with
> selinux?

If you read macros.te in the policy directory you'll see all the operations
that are controllabl.

In the rw_file_perms macro you can see that there's an "append" item to
control appending to a file separately to writing.

The ra_dir_perms macro seems to do what you want for directories.

* Re: your mail
@ 2002-02-27 19:33 ` Stephen Smalley
From: Stephen Smalley @ 2002-02-27 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Metrix; +Cc: selinux

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Metrix wrote:

> with selinux is it possible to say make a file or
> directory unable to be viewed, deleted or moved, or
> even altered, the ONLY operation allowed is
> appending....is this possible to implement with
> selinux?

You can certainly define a type, only grant append permission to it in
the policy configuration, and label a file with it.

> i am a bit unsure oh what MAC and such is, is there a
> guide somewhere that clearly explains it?

I'd suggest reading the papers available from
http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/docs.html.

--
Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
ssmalley@nai.com

--
You have received this message because you are subscribed to the selinux list.