* doh! lost mail...
@ 2002-07-10 18:08 George Georgalis
From: George Georgalis @ 2002-07-10 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Well I blew it, never ran into a problem like this before so thought I'd
share. I have lost mail. BTW - Thanks Lauren for all your help, support
and escalations on my shell account at http://he.net ...and I thought
it was your server that was stuck!

(If you run Linux/Unix) The scenario I suspect is not so uncommon. Here's
part of my procmailrc.

:0 Whc: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
:0 a:
/dev/null

:0 Wc
| razor-check
:0 Wa
razor-caught/

In a nutshell, if the razor-check program hangs or is slow to respond,
fetchmail times out. When it runs again the message is flagged as a
duplicate per the first recipe and sent to /dev/null

So if you were wondering what happened the the message I never responded
to... I've been doing this in the background for years. :) Don't know
how long or frequently the razor-check has been overloaded. But seems
often in recent times.

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george@galis.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-10 18:08 UTC | newest]