* Fwd: Re: Dosemu joystick code comments / RTC ICQ question
@ 2002-07-10  7:32 Clarence Dang
From: Clarence Dang @ 2002-07-10  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos; +Cc: Eric Auer

Subject: Re: Dosemu joystick code comments / RTC ICQ question
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 17:34:11 +0200
From: Eric <eric@CoLi.Uni-SB.DE>
To: dang@kde.org, Eric Auer <eric@CoLi.Uni-SB.DE>

> > By the way, do you know anything about a RTC cyclic IRQ emulation
> > being on the way (or already there) for Dosemu? Would be nice, as
> > it is besides the timer chip and vertical retrace the third popular
> > timing method used by Dos programs. I know roughly how it is supposed
> > to work, but I have no clue whatsoever how and where you would plug
> > this into the Dosemu system.
>
> I really have no idea, sorry.  Perhaps you should post to the linux-msdos
> mailinglist and I'm sure someone could help you there.

Could you forward my question to the list in that case? Thanks.

(...)
And I got the impression that the timing/IRQ
related things are actually hard to understand in the emulation. Whatever,
maybe I can provide some partial help by cutting and pasting the right
IntList parts and providing some sample code -using- the RTC.

* Re: Fwd: Re: Dosemu joystick code comments / RTC ICQ question
@ 2002-07-10 11:09 ` Bart Oldeman
From: Bart Oldeman @ 2002-07-10 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clarence Dang; +Cc: linux-msdos, Eric Auer

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Clarence Dang wrote:

> Subject: Re: Dosemu joystick code comments / RTC ICQ question
> Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 17:34:11 +0200
> From: Eric <eric@CoLi.Uni-SB.DE>
> To: dang@kde.org, Eric Auer <eric@CoLi.Uni-SB.DE>
>
> > > By the way, do you know anything about a RTC cyclic IRQ emulation
> > > being on the way (or already there) for Dosemu? Would be nice, as
> > > it is besides the timer chip and vertical retrace the third popular
> > > timing method used by Dos programs. I know roughly how it is supposed
> > > to work, but I have no clue whatsoever how and where you would plug
> > > this into the Dosemu system.
> >
> > I really have no idea, sorry.  Perhaps you should post to the linux-msdos
> > mailinglist and I'm sure someone could help you there.
>
> Could you forward my question to the list in that case? Thanks.
>
> (...)
> And I got the impression that the timing/IRQ
> related things are actually hard to understand in the emulation. Whatever,
> maybe I can provide some partial help by cutting and pasting the right
> IntList parts and providing some sample code -using- the RTC.

grep the source code for rtc_int8. It has been there for ages.

Bart

p.s. clarence, thanks for your patch.