* PLEASE: take me out of this nightmare!!!
       [not found] <013a81b36b7b$3233c1e4$8dc13dd4@dbmson>
@ 2002-07-11  2:29 ` Thomas T. Soares
From: Thomas T. Soares @ 2002-07-11  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

All I could do was done to get out of this add-paradise...

Now the only I can do is ask until someone take me out or
  show me how to do it...

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 03:39, jsprice@angelfire.com wrote: Know the
different HGH products

There are three different types of HGH products.
The confusion is that all three are
advertised as if they were the same.

        The three types are:

1) --- Homeopathic HGH
2) --- Pre-cursor HGH
3) --- Real or synthetic HGH (delivered by injection
        or, by an oral spray method).

Do you know differences?

Call us and we'll explain them to you.

Our toll free number is 1-888-895-4555
An HGH staff member is available
9 to 5 Pacific Time.
If after hours, please leave you name
and day and evening phone numbers.
We will call you back in a no pressure,
educational manner.
If you are overseas call your long distance
operator and ask to be connected to our
phone number.  We will call you back so
we can pay for the long distance charges.

For more information on HGH read on............

HAVE YOU HEARD OF
HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE (HGH)???

     Released by your own pituitary gland, HGH starts declining
in your 20s, even more in your 30s and 40s, eventually resulting
in the shrinkage of major organs -- plus, all
other symptoms related to old age.

IN THOUSANDS OF CLINICAL STUDIES,
HGH HAS BEEN SHOWN TO ACCOMPLISH THE FOLLOWING:

* Reduce Body Fat and Build Lean Muscle
   WITHOUT EXERCISE!

* Enhance Sexual Performance

* Remove Wrinkles and Cellulite

* Lower Blood Pressure and Improve Cholesterol Profile

* Improve Sleep, Vision and Memory

* Restore Hair Color and Growth

* Strengthen the Immune System

* Increase Energy and Cardiac Output

* Turn back your body's Biological Time Clock 10 - 20 years

* Live Longer AND Stronger

All natural and organic plant based

FEEL 10 YEARS YOUNGER WITH ORAL SPRAY HGH.
GUARANTEED

    We are the manufacturer and we sell directly to Doctors,
Chiropractors, and consumers world wide the highest grade
 HGH Oral Spray available.

     With internet marketing, we are able to save advertising
cost and pass those savings along to you.
But you must act now.

To receive more information call  us now.

            TOLL FREE 1-888-895-4555

We must speak to you in person to qualify your usage.

     All of your questions will be addressed and answered in a friendly,
no pressure manner.  Our main purpose is to provide you with
 information so you can make an educated decision.

     For more information call

            1-888-895-4555

 If you are on line write down our
phone number and call us when you can.

Soon, you and your loved ones will be very glad you did.

Read what people are saying:

"The effects of 6 months of GH on
lean body mass and fat were equivalent
in magnitude to the changes incurred
during 10-20 years of aging."
Dr. Daniel Rudman, MD,
New England Journal of Medicine.

"Within four months, my body fat decreased
 form 30% down to 21%! I noticed my skin
 is more supple and my overall mental
 outlook improved significantly."
 D.W., New Jersey

"We have been on the spray for just 3 weeks
now, and besides the tremendous energy we
both feel, my husbands allergies and spells
of depression have lifted. I am healing
extremely fast after an accident and have
lost 7 lbs. without trying!"
C.B., Flagstaff. AZ

Thanks for reading our letter,
The HGH Staff
USA Division

PS:  The HGH Staff guarantees the
highest quality and lowest price.

 We manufacture and ship directly to your door.

Call us now 1-888-895-4555

=======   End of message ========

   The following statement is provided to be
in compliance with commercial email laws.

   If you do not wish to receive further
mailings, please click reply to: remhghclinic@btamail.net.cn and type
remove in the subject box.
Then click send.

   This message is in full compliance with
U.S. Federal requirements for commercial
email under bill S.1618 Title lll, Section 301,
Paragraph (a)(2)(C) passed by the 105th U.S.
Congress and is not considered SPAM
since it includes a remove mechanism.*
This message is not intended for residents in the
states of CA, NC, NV, RI, TN, VA & WA.
Screening of addresses has been done to the best
of our technical ability.

Call us now 1-888-895-4555 for your
free HGH consultation.

Thank you
--
|--UIN:961141-------------------------------| \     /  pero que las hay,
| The fact is a secondary aspect of reality |  `\_/'          las hay !

* Re: PLEASE: take me out of this nightmare!!!
@ 2002-07-11  2:52   ` Manuel Krause
From: Manuel Krause @ 2002-07-11  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas T. Soares; +Cc: reiserfs-list

Hi, Thomas & list people!

Can't someone finally take the needed and previously described methods
to make this list spam-free?

For me it's no problem to delete the few spam mails on this list. But...

... it's a principle of honesty. I want _Thomas_ to stay on the list and
_not_ the spammers.

Work on, ReiserFS-team!

BTW, Thomas: I find it nice you spam the list yourself, though you
should automate it in future... and make it more aggressive in any kind
to provoke a final reaction...

Manuel

On 07/11/2002 04:29 AM, Thomas T. Soares wrote:
> All I could do was done to get out of this add-paradise...
>

> Now the only I can do is ask until someone take me out or
>   show me how to do it...
>

> On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 03:39, jsprice@angelfire.com wrote: Know the
> different HGH products

[OFFICIAL SPAM]

* Re: PLEASE: take me out of this nightmare!!!
@ 2002-07-11  3:33     ` Ross Vandegrift
From: Ross Vandegrift @ 2002-07-11  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Krause; +Cc: Thomas T. Soares, reiserfs-list

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 04:52:27AM +0200, Manuel Krause wrote:
> Hi, Thomas & list people!
>
> Can't someone finally take the needed and previously described methods
> to make this list spam-free?

http://spamassassin.sf.net and get over it.

I haven't seen a single spam on this list since I started using it.

Ross Vandegrift
ross@willow.seitz.com

* Re: PLEASE: take me out of this nightmare!!!
@ 2002-07-11  4:53       ` Robert Brockway
From: Robert Brockway @ 2002-07-11  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> http://spamassassin.sf.net and get over it.
>
> I haven't seen a single spam on this list since I started using it.

At the risk of saying "me too" I have to concur 100%.  I haven been using
SpamAssassni for months and it is great.  The first I see of spam on most
lists is when someone follows upand quotes tghe spam.  If they didn't do
this I'd never see it.

I recomend using SpamAssassin in client/server mode (with spamc & spamd)
as performance is orders of magnitude better and takes little more setup.
Before I changed over to the client/server setup I floored my mail server
by accidentally dumping 100 emails simultaneously to the box (it is a
K6-233 with 192Mb ram, and yes it is running Reiserfs :)  I tested the
client/server setup be sending 35000 emails to the box over a few hours
(hundreds or thousands at a time) and it didn't break a sweat.

If anyone gets stuck I'm happy to mail the setup I use to people.

Cheers,
	-Rob

* Re: PLEASE: take me out of this nightmare!!!
@ 2002-07-11  7:18     ` Oleg Drokin
From: Oleg Drokin @ 2002-07-11  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Krause; +Cc: Thomas T. Soares, reiserfs-list

Hello!

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 04:52:27AM +0200, Manuel Krause wrote:

> Can't someone finally take the needed and previously described methods
> to make this list spam-free?

Our admin investigates "spamassasin" thing, but he says there is some
problem between qmail and this apamassasin interoperation.
Be sure, we dislike the spam as much as you do

Bye,
    Oleg

* Re: PLEASE: take me out of this nightmare!!!
@ 2002-07-11 11:48         ` Chris Dukes
From: Chris Dukes @ 2002-07-11 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Brockway; +Cc: reiserfs-list

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 02:53:47PM +1000, Robert Brockway wrote:
[Suggestion to spam assassin snipped]
The "Well it works for me" attitude really doesn't help Linux or Open
Source.

Filtering just removes the spam, not the spammers.
Tracking down and applying a LART to the originating ISP and the open relay
puts the spammer out of business and decreases future spam.
Because this list CONTINUES to remove relevant headers it is impossible
to shutdown spammer ISPs and open relays.  It is also impossible to
quickly track down mailloops.

For the past 2 months my only source of SPAM has been the reiserfs mailing
list.  It has been the first SPAM source where I could not LART the offending
relays and ISPs since I was stuck with Lotus Notes at IBM.

If the reiserfs list continues to trim useful headers after 23:00 GMT July
15th, I will attempt to unsubscribe.  If I continue to receive SPAM through
the reiserfs list after 23:00 GMT July 17th I will be forced to report
namesys.com to its upstream provider as an open relay and an injection
point for SPAM.

I would prefer to avoid such measures, but it has been months since
minor modifications to the list to provide SPAM countermeasures have been
suggested, approved by Hans, and completely ignored by the list maintainer.
Because those measures have been ignored, the only documented source of
the SPAM is namesys.com.
--
Chris Dukes
The Information Technology field is similar to a Marx Brothers sketch.

* Re: PLEASE: take me out of this nightmare!!!
@ 2002-07-11 13:03           ` Robert Brockway
From: Robert Brockway @ 2002-07-11 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Dukes; +Cc: reiserfs-list

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Chris Dukes wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 02:53:47PM +1000, Robert Brockway wrote:
> [Suggestion to spam assassin snipped]
> The "Well it works for me" attitude really doesn't help Linux or Open
> Source.

Just trying to be helpful.  I'm sorry you didn't find my comments
helpful, but perhaps others did.  Your response has an abrupt tone to it
and I'm realy not sure how my comments could have annoyed you.

> Filtering just removes the spam, not the spammers.

You'll never remove the spammers.  They're like cockroaches.  You get one
& 10 spring up (ok, so I live in the tropics).

> Tracking down and applying a LART to the originating ISP and the open relay
> puts the spammer out of business and decreases future spam.

It does not put them out of business.  You have to be kidding.   10
minutes later they're back spamming from another address.

> Because this list CONTINUES to remove relevant headers it is impossible
> to shutdown spammer ISPs and open relays.  It is also impossible to
> quickly track down mailloops.

I have made no comment on any policy of this list.  I vaguely remember
someone mentioning it before but I didn't care much (I'm on many lists,
the policy on one list is only of limited interest to me).

> For the past 2 months my only source of SPAM has been the reiserfs mailing
> list.  It has been the first SPAM source where I could not LART the offending
> relays and ISPs since I was stuck with Lotus Notes at IBM.

Then you have had better success at hitting spammers than anyone I know.
Congratulations.

> If the reiserfs list continues to trim useful headers after 23:00 GMT July
> 15th, I will attempt to unsubscribe.  If I continue to receive SPAM through

Yeah, ok.  I'll take that under advisement.

> the reiserfs list after 23:00 GMT July 17th I will be forced to report
> namesys.com to its upstream provider as an open relay and an injection
> point for SPAM.

If you do that & namesys.com has no MTAs that are open relays you're
going to look a bit silly.  I have no idea if namesys.com has any MTAs
that are open relays (as I have not checked, nor am I going to), but I
doubt it.

There is a big difference between an open relay MTA & a list that gets
spam (with or without munged headers).

Anyway, your reply to me was abrupt in tone, which I feel was
inappropriate under the circumstances (all I did was try to provide some
useful information).

This is the last post I'll be making on this topic (I detest flame wars).

Shalom/Salaam/peace.

Rob

* Re: PLEASE: take me out of this nightmare!!!
@ 2002-07-11 23:36       ` Jens Benecke
From: Jens Benecke @ 2002-07-11 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:18:58AM +0400, Oleg Drokin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 04:52:27AM +0200, Manuel Krause wrote:
>
> > Can't someone finally take the needed and previously described
> > methods to make this list spam-free?
>
> Our admin investigates "spamassasin" thing, but he says there is some
> problem between qmail and this apamassasin interoperation.  Be sure,
> we dislike the spam as much as you do

Use qmail-scanner (http://qmail-scanner.sf.net). Even if you don't want
an anti-virus it can also easily integrate spamassassin into the qmail
queue.

It's set up in 2 minutes. Really.

--
mfg, Jens Benecke  /// http://www.linuxfaq.de, http://www.linux.ms
This mail is an attachment? Read http://www.jensbenecke.de/misc/outlook.html

* Re[]: PLEASE: take me out of this nightmare!!!
@ 2002-07-12 10:43         ` Anders Widman
From: Anders Widman @ 2002-07-12 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:18:58AM +0400, Oleg Drokin wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 04:52:27AM +0200, Manuel Krause wrote:
>>
>> > Can't someone finally take the needed and previously described
>> > methods to make this list spam-free?
>>
>> Our admin investigates "spamassasin" thing, but he says there is some
>> problem between qmail and this apamassasin interoperation.  Be sure,
>> we dislike the spam as much as you do

> Use qmail-scanner (http://qmail-scanner.sf.net). Even if you don't want
> an anti-virus it can also easily integrate spamassassin into the qmail
> queue.

> It's set up in 2 minutes. Really.

Who would we, the users of this list, need to protect ourselves from
spam. I see no difficulty for the list-server to block messages from
outsiders (non-members) to reach the list.

But, if it would take to much time to implement this,  I would rather
have the ReiserFS team to keep up the good work on the FS instead of
removing spam from this list.

//Anders

* Re: PLEASE: take me out of this nightmare!!!
@ 2002-07-14 17:43             ` Hans Reiser
From: Hans Reiser @ 2002-07-14 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Brockway; +Cc: Chris Dukes, reiserfs-list, flx

I apologize for the delay in responding to the half-dozen or so
reasonable suggestions regarding spam handling.  I expect that we will
have some coherent comprehensive response to this soon.

--
Hans