* RE: A new serial baud rate
@ 2002-07-26 16:00 Ed Vance
From: Ed Vance @ 2002-07-26 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'henrique@cyclades.com'; +Cc: linux-serial, 'Alan Cox'

On Fri, July 26, 2002 at 6:15 AM, henrique wrote:

> Ed, unfortunately my equipment uses the 2.2.14 kernel.
> Does your suggestion work in such kernel ? It would be
> the easiest way to solve this.

Hi Henrique,

I know of no specific reason why it would not work under 2.2. I just
have no direct experience with the 2.2 kernel and the corresponding
version of the serial driver. If the setserial functionality that I
described is in your setserial man page from 2.2, then I think the
method should work well.

Best regards,
Ed

Ed Vance              edv@macrolink.com
Macrolink, Inc.       1500 N. Kellogg Dr  Anaheim, CA  92807

[parent not found: <1779CCD227485B49A825718AAAA90E3E406CD4@tpsmail01.turbopower.net>]
* RE: A new serial baud rate
@ 2002-07-25 21:35 Ed Vance
From: Ed Vance @ 2002-07-25 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'henrique@cyclades.com'; +Cc: linux-serial

> On Thu, July 25, 2002 at 12:14 PM, henrique wrote:
>
> I just wanna know what is the procedure to insert this new baud rate
> in the linux kernel.

Hi Henrique,

If you have a 2.4.x kernel, and your serial ports have "simple" UARTs like a
16550A, then use the setserial command to directly set the UART's divisor.
See the man page on setserial, which also has words about how to put the
setserial commands into a script that runs automatically when you boot the
system.

You will have to know the "baud base" rate of your UARTs. This is the baud
rate that you get if you set the divisor to 1 (probably 115200 bps).

The new divisor is baud_base / 14400 (which is probably 8).

Good luck with it!
Ed

Ed Vance              edv@macrolink.com
Macrolink, Inc.       1500 N. Kellogg Dr  Anaheim, CA  92807

[parent not found: <1779CCD227485B49A825718AAAA90E3E406CD1@tpsmail01.turbopower.net>]
* A new serial baud rate
@ 2002-07-25 18:22 henrique
From: henrique @ 2002-07-25 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-serial

Hello !!!

I want to use the 14400 baud rate on a serial port (I have a lot of modems
configured to this baud rate) but the define B14400 doesn't exist. What
should I do. Is it a matter of simply insert the new define into termbits.h ?

thanks in advance
---
Henrique Gobbi