* Re:NAT and NFS
@ 2003-03-19 23:56 Ian Latter
From: Ian Latter @ 2003-03-19 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Gun; +Cc: netfilter-devel

Howdy,

That's a good question.  I updated/rewrote an old RPC module, to support
the newnat framework (the iptables code that I believe is now standard
in 2.4.20 kernel series).

You get details of the code from here;
  http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/pomlist/pom-extra.html#rpc

The long and the short of it is that I didn't test NATting ... so I don't know
if it will work or not ... we did theorise about it ... but never too seriously.
Note though, that I considered the reverse scenario .. where the NFS
box was on the  "outside" and that the clients were being NATd.

It may work ..

Let me know how you go.  If it requires changes, and you're prepare to
test them, then I can prolly get some time together to make the changes
you need.