* Re: TEST REPORT: 2.5.73-mm2 S3
       [not found] ` <200306291905.00537.mflt1-DTdK3Ks6N5kHTnRCetW4+N0b+6lKrnBL@public.gmane.org>
@ 2003-06-30  7:50   ` Pavel Machek
       [not found]     ` <200306301734.21377.mflt1@micrologica.com.hk>
       [not found]     ` <200307171540.09283.mflt1@micrologica.com.hk>
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-06-30  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Frank; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi!

> 5 attempts.
>
> S3 Suspend OK
>
> Resume Using power button:
>
> 1 Attempt BIOS reported RESUME FAILURE, normal boot

I do not know what went wrong there.

> Other 4 attempts:
>
> FB Console, X/savage, keyboard, IDE: No problems seen
>
> PS/2 Mouse (IRQ12), e100 (IRQ10), yenta_socket (IRQ5), USB (IRQ7)
>   _no_ function
>   _no_ int count increase in /proc/interrupts

Go ahead and write e100 and yenta_socket suspend/resume support!
[Vojtech is going to do ps/2 (I hope); USB should be done, maybe it
needs some fixing?]

								Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

* Re: TEST REPORT: 2.5.73-mm2 S3
       [not found]       ` <200306301734.21377.mflt1-DTdK3Ks6N5kHTnRCetW4+N0b+6lKrnBL@public.gmane.org>
@ 2003-06-30 10:24         ` Pavel Machek
       [not found]           ` <200307010938.06319.mflt1@micrologica.com.hk>
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-06-30 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Frank; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi!

> > > 5 attempts.
> > >
> > > S3 Suspend OK
> > >
> > > Resume Using power button:
> > >
> > > 1 Attempt BIOS reported RESUME FAILURE, normal boot
> >
> > I do not know what went wrong there.
>
> Magic does not work sometimes, happens for a long time.

Can you elaborate?

> Sorry, this is not the only problem because S3 breaks interrupts.

If interrupts are not working, you'd be
getting big number of "IDE: lost interrupts".
Interruprs definitely work(ed) here after S3.

--
				Pavel
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...

* Re: Re: TEST REPORT: 2.5.73-mm2 S3
       [not found]             ` <200307010938.06319.mflt1-DTdK3Ks6N5kHTnRCetW4+N0b+6lKrnBL@public.gmane.org>
@ 2003-07-01  9:44               ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-07-01  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Frank; +Cc: Pavel Machek, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi!

> > If interrupts are not working, you'd be
> > getting big number of "IDE: lost interrupts".
> > Interruprs definitely work(ed) here after S3.
>
> IDE, keyboard work, other don't and this should be investigated
> as the interrupts stay ded after S3.

Try noapic.
--

       [not found]       ` <200307171540.09283.mflt1-DTdK3Ks6N5kHTnRCetW4+N0b+6lKrnBL@public.gmane.org>
@ 2003-07-18 15:26         ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-07-18 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Frank
  Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, vojtech-AlSwsSmVLrQ

Hi!

> > > PS/2 Mouse (IRQ12), e100 (IRQ10), yenta_socket (IRQ5), USB (IRQ7)
> > >   _no_ function
> > >   _no_ int count increase in /proc/interrupts
> >
> > Go ahead and write e100 and yenta_socket suspend/resume support!
>
> e100 got it already
>
> Yenta now OK
>
> > [Vojtech is going to do ps/2 (I hope);
>
> Will he? progress?

It is on his todo list. But he seems to add more items in the front of
it :-((.

@ 2003-07-18 18:38 pavel-+ZI9xUNit7I
From: pavel-+ZI9xUNit7I @ 2003-07-18 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Frank, Pavel Machek
  Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Vojtech Pavlik

Hi!
i8042... Its more complicated than that. You need support for whole inputdevices tree. --p