* 32bit UID/GID's Quota in 2.4!
@ 2003-07-10 19:19 Christian Mayrhuber
From: Christian Mayrhuber @ 2003-07-10 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

Quote from Marcelo Tosatti:
"We decided to include this new code quota code which allows usage of quotas with 32bit UID/GIDs."

Finally this should mean there is a possibility to get reiserfs data logging + quota into the 2.4 kernel, doesn't it?
--
lg, Chris

* Re: 32bit UID/GID's Quota in 2.4!
@ 2003-07-10 22:08 ` Philippe Gramoullé
From: Philippe Gramoullé @ 2003-07-10 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Mayrhuber; +Cc: reiserfs-list

Hello Christian,

Jeez, i can't remember since when we needed and used this feature
(quotas with 32bit UID/GIDs) thanks to Jan Kara, Chris Mason,
Oleg Drokin and all ReiserFS team.

I'm pleased to see that it will finally make it into 2.4 series.

I haven't had time to look how "new" this quota code is and if it differs
from what is actually available through external patches though.

Thanks,

Philippe

--

Philippe Gramoullé
philippe.gramoulle@mmania.com

@ 2003-07-11  5:39   ` Oleg Drokin
From: Oleg Drokin @ 2003-07-11  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Gramoull?; +Cc: Christian Mayrhuber, reiserfs-list

Hello!

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 12:08:07AM +0200, Philippe Gramoull? wrote:

> I haven't had time to look how "new" this quota code is and if it differs
> from what is actually available through external patches though.

I see that the Config.in stuff is a bit different. Also comment says it is 2.5 backport,
not quotav2 for 2.4 patches that were floating around.
I plan to look at it closer soon and port reiserfs quota to new interface if necessary.

> Christian Mayrhuber <christian.mayrhuber@gmx.net> wrote:
>   | Finally this should mean there is a possibility to get reiserfs data logging + quota into the 2.4 kernel, doesn't it?

Well, only if won't be counted as a new feature ;) (so I guess we need to mark it as a "bugfix")

Bye,
    Oleg

* Re: 32bit UID/GID's Quota in 2.4!
@ 2003-07-11 15:31     ` Jan Kara
From: Jan Kara @ 2003-07-11 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleg Drokin; +Cc: Philippe Gramoull?, Christian Mayrhuber, reiserfs-list

  Hello,

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 12:08:07AM +0200, Philippe Gramoull? wrote:
>
> > I haven't had time to look how "new" this quota code is and if it differs
> > from what is actually available through external patches though.
>
> I see that the Config.in stuff is a bit different. Also comment says
> it is 2.5 backport, not quotav2 for 2.4 patches that were floating
> around.  I plan to look at it closer soon and port reiserfs quota to
> new interface if necessary.
  Quota code in 2.5 kernel is almost the same as the 2.4 I have at my
ftp site. The code that got merged has some minor differences which I'm
now discussing with Marcelo.

								Honza