* Printing under dosemu 1.1.5
@ 2003-07-12 22:56 Ralph Alvy
From: Ralph Alvy @ 2003-07-12 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

I'm a newbie to dosemu and Linux. I have almost everything working under
dosemu 1.1.5 I need, except that I can't print under it. I have this as
my printer setting:

	$_printer = "lp"

But any attempt to print from dosemu gives me an error message talking
about the printer not existing. However, I can print from X applications
with no problem.

* Re: Printing under dosemu 1.1.5
@ 2003-07-13  0:43 ` Ryan Underwood
From: Ryan Underwood @ 2003-07-13  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi Ralph,

Paste your /etc/printcap file for us to see.

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 03:56:03PM -0700, Ralph Alvy wrote:
> I'm a newbie to dosemu and Linux. I have almost everything working under
> dosemu 1.1.5 I need, except that I can't print under it. I have this as
> my printer setting:
>
> 	$_printer = "lp"
>
> But any attempt to print from dosemu gives me an error message talking
> about the printer not existing. However, I can print from X applications
> with no problem.
>

> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-msdos" in

Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253

* Re: Printing under dosemu 1.1.5
@ 2003-07-13 16:28   ` Ralph Alvy
From: Ralph Alvy @ 2003-07-13 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Thanks for the reply, Ryan. Here's what my /etc/printcap:

LexMark:\
	:ml#0:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/LexMark:\
	:af=/var/spool/lpd/LexMark/LexMark.acct:\
	:sh:\
	:lp=/dev/lp0:\
	:lpd_bounce=true:\
	:if=/usr/share/printconf/util/mf_wrapper:

HP6P:\
	:ml#0:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/HP6P:\
	:af=/var/spool/lpd/HP6P/HP6P.acct:\

@ 2003-07-13 16:33     ` Rick Knight
From: Rick Knight @ 2003-07-13 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ralph Alvy; +Cc: linux-msdos

Ralph,

$_printer should equal one of the entries from printcap. In your case,
so $_printer = "LexMark" or $_printer = "HP6P".

Rick Knight
(rick@rlknight.com)

@ 2003-07-13 17:33       ` Ralph Alvy
From: Ralph Alvy @ 2003-07-13 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Thanks, Rick. Worked like a charm.

@ 2003-07-13 23:17     ` Ryan Underwood
From: Ryan Underwood @ 2003-07-13 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi Ralph,

You should be able to simply set $_printer = "LexMark" or $_printer =
"HP6P", depending on which you want to print to.

You could also make one of them titled in the printcap as
lp|LexMark:\ ...
or
lp|HP6P:\ ...

whichever one you use there would also be known as "lp" and would be the
default printer under most circumstances.

HTH,

Ryan