* [Fwd: [Ham-Linux] RELEASE: xastir 1.2.0 - Stable]
@ 2003-07-13  3:35 Nate Bargmann
From: Nate Bargmann @ 2003-07-13  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hams

Thought the list might like to know...

73, de Nate >>

----- Forwarded message from KC7ZRU - Tate <kc7zru@arrl.net> -----

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:34:27 -0600
From: KC7ZRU - Tate <kc7zru@arrl.net>
To: TAPR APRS Special Interest Group <aprssig@lists.tapr.org>,
	APRS Announcements <aprsnews@lists.tapr.org>,
	RM-APRS@yahoogroups.com, ham-linux <ham-linux@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Ham-Linux] RELEASE: xastir 1.2.0 - Stable

It's here folks - released for your use and pleasure on 13 June:
The latest stable release of xastir

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xastir

The xastir project is a dynamic, constantly growing and developing
endevour. On the sourceforge site, you can also find information on how
to stay up to date with the latest development of xastir via CVS.
Already, new ideas, features and tweeks are being added.

For information on what xastir is, what it can do for your APRS
experience, and information on the xastir users email reflector, visit:
http://www.xastir.org

I'm at a bit of a loss for words trying to describe what all xastir can
do. The list is rather large. Over 115 different local and online map
sources, weather instrumentation, kernel AX.25 support, serial TNC
support, support for customizable server port filters, messaging,
auto-reply, control over how those many information sources are layered
and displayed, mapping bookmarks, objects, I-gate, NWS info gating to
RF, map scrolling to track your icon for mobile stations, updated
multi-lingual support and many other features I've left out - simply
because no one station/person can use 'em all! Basically - if you've
heard of it, very good chance xastir's got it. If you've an idea and
it's *not* implimented, yet, mention it on the xastir users email list
or enter your feature request direct to the request tracker on
sourceforge. If it's a popular idea - well, no promises - but I have
seen some features added and available literaly within hours of being
mentioned.

Due to the numerous bug fixes, clean ups and improvements - anyone
running any older version of xastir is highly encouraged to upgrade to
1.2.0 - you'll be glad you did!

And last, but not least - many, many thanks to the entire
xastir-development team!!

Way to go guys. Thanks for building what, in my opinion, is the most
useful, bug free and accessible full service APRS client anywhere for
almost any platform.

73

--
        "The Dungeon" online at http://go.to/kc7zru
              Casper, WY    |    CARC Repeater

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-13  3:35 UTC | newest]