* Pointers/Info on 2.5 buffer management changes pls.
@ 2003-07-13 14:37 Ruth Ivimey-Cook
From: Ruth Ivimey-Cook @ 2003-07-13 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz

Folks,

Bartlomiej has bullied me into trying to bring the ataraid driver into the 2.5
world. I have so far created suitable build files and have started to look
into the code changes. I have looked through the mail archives but it is very
hard to find the right thing. So I would like to check:

1. the old code uses   MINOR(bh->b_rdev) to get the minor number of the
ataraid device. Can I use   minor(bh->b_bdev->bd_inode->i_rdev)   to replace
that?
[I am tempted to create an inline fn buffer_to_minor() for this purpose and
put it in ataraid.h.]

2. the old code, in split_request, writes to b_rsector (2.4: the real sector
on the disk) which has no obvious equivalent in 2.5. Can someone point me to
a suitable file or email that I can use to resolve this?

Any other pointers accepted.

Thanks

Ruth

--
Engineer, Author and Webweaver

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-13 14:22 UTC | newest]