* Strange issue with keyboard in 2.5
@ 2003-07-14  6:01 Shawn Starr
From: Shawn Starr @ 2003-07-14  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0xb8, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.
atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0x9d, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.

When I press certain key combinations I get this logged.

Also if I hold down a key sometimes it gets 'stuck' and repeats forever
until I break the repeat.

Why is this happening in 2.5?

Is it due to my KVM or something else?

Thanks,

Shawn S.

* Re: Strange issue with keyboard in 2.5
@ 2003-07-14  7:20 ` Sean Connor
From: Sean Connor @ 2003-07-14  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shawn Starr; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 02:01:58AM -0400, Shawn Starr wrote:
> atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0xb8, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.
> atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0x9d, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.
>

> When I press certain key combinations I get this logged.
>
> Also if I hold down a key sometimes it gets 'stuck' and repeats forever
> until I break the repeat.
>
> Why is this happening in 2.5?
>
> Is it due to my KVM or something else?

Are you using 'tleds', or some other program that flashes the keyboard
LEDs?

I was using the abovementioned program, which flashes the keyboard LEDs in
response to network activity, and I had the same problem.  It disappeared
when I disabled the program.

Whether this is a bug in tleds or a general issue with frobbing the keyboard
LEDs, I don't know, though.

--
  -Sean Connor  (sec@zre.ca)
                (sec@accesscomm.ca)

Bad command or filename! Bad!   <Whack!Whack!Whack!>