* Iptables as auth ?
@ 2003-07-15 10:38 Rio Martin.
From: Rio Martin. @ 2003-07-15 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Folks,
Is there any way to configure iptables to perform nat only if the
authentication from radius server is correct ?
I am looking for the documentation on google, but found nothing, need help ..

Regards,
Rio Martin.

--
Atlanta makes it against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole
or street lamp.

* Re: Iptables as auth ?
@ 2003-07-15 13:58 ` Ramin Dousti
From: Ramin Dousti @ 2003-07-15 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rio Martin.; +Cc: netfilter

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 05:38:53PM +0700, Rio Martin. wrote:

> Folks,

Hello,

> Is there any way to configure iptables to perform nat only if the
> authentication from radius server is correct ?

What is the exact packet flow (for both the initial flow and the RADIUS
packet exchange) that you were expacting? How does an application which is
only smart enough for its own protocol integrate the RADIUS auth? Or how
can you trigger a RADIUS auth from the firewall to the actual user/client
that is generating the traffic?

What you want is only to accomplish by installing client software on all
the client machines... which is not a part of netfilter framework.

Ramin

> I am looking for the documentation on google, but found nothing, need help ..
>
> Regards,
> Rio Martin.
>
> --
> Atlanta makes it against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole
> or street lamp.

* Re: Iptables as auth ?
@ 2003-07-17  7:47   ` Rio Martin.
From: Rio Martin. @ 2003-07-17  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 20:58, Ramin Dousti wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 05:38:53PM +0700, Rio Martin. wrote:
> What is the exact packet flow (for both the initial flow and the RADIUS
> packet exchange) that you were expacting? How does an application which is
> only smart enough for its own protocol integrate the RADIUS auth? Or how
> can you trigger a RADIUS auth from the firewall to the actual user/client
> that is generating the traffic?
> What you want is only to accomplish by installing client software on all
> the client machines... which is not a part of netfilter framework.
> Ramin

okay i describe again what i want:

INTERNET ----> Linux NAT Gateway + RADIUS ----> PC Client 1, 2, 3.. 100

Users in PC Client 1 .. 100 must authenticate with RADIUS before its traffic
goes to Internet. I dont know how its going to work, but what i have in my
mind for now is RADIUS must cooperate with somekind of daemon that should
execute iptables to perform NAT to client IP.

Regards,
Rio Martin.

--
There is a great discovery still to be made in Literature: that of
paying literary men by the quantity they do NOT write.

* Re: Iptables as auth ?
@ 2003-07-17 11:59     ` Eric Leblond
From: Eric Leblond @ 2003-07-17 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter