* Help wanted WRT multigot...
@ 2003-07-16  0:24 David Daney
From: David Daney @ 2003-07-16  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips

We are using gcj/gcc-3.3 to run java programs on a mipsel-linux
platform, and were able to work around GOT overflow error by hacking the
  build to pass -xgot to gas.

After searching the web, it appeared that using binutils 2.14 or
binutils-2.14.90.0.4 might enable multigot objects.  However it not
clear to me if there is multigot support in these versions of binutils,
or how to turn it on if there is.

Is there a multigot assembler/linker that can be used with gcc-3.3?

Or are we stuck with -xgot?

Thanks in advance,

David Daney

* Re: Help wanted WRT multigot...
@ 2003-07-16  1:43 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-07-16  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Daney; +Cc: linux-mips

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 05:24:41PM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> We are using gcj/gcc-3.3 to run java programs on a mipsel-linux
> platform, and were able to work around GOT overflow error by hacking the
>  build to pass -xgot to gas.
>
> After searching the web, it appeared that using binutils 2.14 or
> binutils-2.14.90.0.4 might enable multigot objects.  However it not
> clear to me if there is multigot support in these versions of binutils,
> or how to turn it on if there is.
>
> Is there a multigot assembler/linker that can be used with gcc-3.3?
>
> Or are we stuck with -xgot?

If you just try using 2.14, it should work.  No extra flags, no
anything special.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* mmap broken on cvs update 2_4
@ 2003-07-16 14:01     ` Steven Seeger
From: Steven Seeger @ 2003-07-16 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips

The signal defined 1 problem is really a Bus error. uClibc is broken for
signals and got them from the x86 asm/signal.h file to build its default
string messages.

I'm using mmap. It maps successfully and has the proper ranges in
/proc/pid/maps.

When I try to access the memory I get a bus error. This did not happen
before I did a cvs update. I had even rebuilt a kernel prior to the cvs
update that didn't do that.

If someone can tell me where to look I'd appreciate it.

Steve