* Pci issues
@ 2003-07-17 13:34 Brian Waite
From: Brian Waite @ 2003-07-17 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded, linux-galileo

Hi all,
I am using a DB64360 with a single 7455 processor and  I am having a problem
that is driving me nuts. I have a PCI card that contains a P2P bridge and an
serial bus controller behind it. I am trying to use it under Linux and I
can't seem to get the required resources. I have this card working under an
ev64260 though. The serial bus controller requires 3 regions:
BAR 0: 1 MB non-prefetchable
BAR 2: 2 MB non-prefetchable
BAR 4: 64 MB prefetchable.

I use u-boot as my bootloader (although Dink 32 gives me the same problems
under Linux) because I am a bit more familiar with the code. I get error
message when the kernel scans the bus saying:

PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 1 of PCI bridge 2
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 2 of PCI bridge 2
PCI: bridge 2 resource 2 moved to 9ff00000..9fffffff
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 02:00.0
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 2 of device 02:00.0
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 4 of device 02:00.0
PCI: Failed to allocate resource 0(0-fffff) for 02:00.0
PCI: Failed to allocate resource 2(a0000000-9fffffff) for 02:00.0
PCI: Failed to allocate resource 4(a0000000-9fffffff) for 02:00.0

Any ideas why this may be? I am really at a loss and I was hoping for a bit of
insight. I am attaching the complete log from u-boot to Linux including an
lspci ouput at the end. As for hardware, I am using a DB64360 with 7455 at
931 Mhz. The Discovery II part is a rev A2. The kernel is
2.4.21-pre7 from the _devel tree, along with your most recent work from the
_galileo tree. Everything else is working well but this card is giving me
huge troubles. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You
Brian Waite

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-17 13:34 UTC | newest]