* RE: ..why _never_ answer off-list: "Q3a51q.jpg.exe"  ;-)
@ 2003-07-19  0:11 Daniel Chemko
From: Daniel Chemko @ 2003-07-19  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnt Karlsen, netfilter

Why you never use Outlook on a Linux ML! haha, sucker! (As I type this
from Outlook XP.. *doh*)

* Re: ..why _never_ answer off-list: "Q3a51q.jpg.exe"  ;-)
@ 2003-07-19  0:40 ` Arnt Karlsen
From: Arnt Karlsen @ 2003-07-19  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:11:52 -0700,
"Daniel Chemko" <dchemko@smgtec.com> wrote in message
<7C9884991ADAE0479C14F10C858BCDF52E35BB@alderaan.smgtec.com>:

> Why you never use Outlook on a Linux ML! haha, sucker! (As I type this
> from Outlook XP.. *doh*)

..oh yeah, we all goof:  we could learn from the ipcop'ers. ;-)

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:59:22 -0700,
Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote in
message <E19df8E-0007v5-00@sc8-sf-list1.sourceforge.net>:

> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software
> (Exim).

> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
> failed:
>
>   save to /var/spool/exim/rejects/embeddedmimeattachement
>     generated by message filter
>     failed to lock mailbox
>     /var/spool/exim/rejects/embeddedmimeattachement (lock file): retry
>     timeout exceeded ipcop-user@lists.sourceforge.net
>     This message has been rejected because it has
>     a potentially executable attachment "Q3a51q.jpg.exe"
>     This form of attachment has been used by
>     recent viruses or other malware.
>     If you meant to send this file then please
>     package it up as a zip file and resend it.
>     If you didn't mean to send this file, and you are
>     using microsoft outlook, you are probably infected.
>     Please stop using outlook, it is inherently insecure
>     and you are generating lots of wasted bandwidth and
>     support headackes by using it, and you are jeopardizing
>     your files and your data
>     Please seriously consider using another mail client
>
> ------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers.
> ------

  Scenarios always come in sets of three:

* ..why _never_ answer off-list: "Q3a51q.jpg.exe"  ;-)
@ 2003-07-18 23:59 Arnt Karlsen
From: Arnt Karlsen @ 2003-07-18 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi,

..I found this in my spam dump.  ;-)

..<snip top Received stanza>

From:  Tim Miller <tj.miller@man.poznan.pl>
Subject:  INPUT vs. FORWARD when????
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:17:42 +0200

------------GYOBSIU3SEQ760

As a newbie to iptables I have some confusion on the subject of the
chain traversal process that I hope the list can help me clear up.

Let say for a moment I have one machine, 2 interfaces configured as
follows, assume for the moment that the 192 address is my internet
connection.

eth0 -> 192.168.1.1 - Internet Gateway
eth1 -> 10.2.0.1 - Local Lan gateway

T   F : A packet is received on eth1 whose destination address is
10.2.0.1 then I assume

------------GYOBSIU3SEQ760

TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALgAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAA
AAAA2AAAAA4fug4AtAnNIbgBTM0hVGhpcyBwcm9ncmFtIGNhbm5vdCBiZSBydW4gaW4gRE9
TIG1v
ZGUuDQ0KJAAAAAAAAACPY1NsywI9P8sCPT/LAj0/sB4xP88CPT9IHjM/yQI9PyMdNz/eAj0
/Ix05
P8kCPT+pHS4/wAI9P8sCPD9xAj0/Ix02P9sCPT9SaWNoywI9PwAAAAAAAAAAUEUAAEwBAwA
5bVKy
AAAAAAAAAADgAA4BCwEGAAAgAQAAEAAAAOAGACABCAAA8AYAABAIAAAAQAAAEAAAAAIAAAQ
AAAAA
AAAABAAAAAAAAAAAIAgAABAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAQAAAQAAAAABAAABAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAA
AAAAA
AAAAEAgAZAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGQRCAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAA

..<snip 96 kB kiddie snott>

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: