* Clipper 5.2 app with multiples accesses to DBF
@ 2003-07-22 19:18 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
From: Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri @ 2003-07-22 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hello,

I'm trying to replace M$-Windows in my parent's lab with GNU/Linux. He
needs a Clipper-CA 5.2 software to run there, but I have some problems.

I run this way:
* I have a SAMBA server wich exports my files (DBF);
* I have 2 clients still running M$ Windows. If they try to access the
same file, everything works as expected, no problems;
* I have 1 GNU/Linux client wich mounts the SMB share and I have a
symbolic link from it to dosemu dir (~/.dosemu/drives/c/MYDIR ->
/mnt/SMB_EXPORTED_DIR). When I access a file (dbf) with this machine
with any other client (Windows or Linux) I got error messages and
inconsistence (sometimes I don't get the error, but the written data is
lost).
  PS: I'm using dosemu-devel (unstable)

The same problems occurs if instead of the SMB mounted share I use NFS
or a local file (running dosemu in the server)

So, the problem seems to be in file locking in dosemu... Searching the
net I've found people with problems regarding M$-Dos record-locking. I
think that's my problem too... unfortunately I didn't found any
solution.

So, there is a way to use multiple dosemu to concurrently access the
same file?

Thanks!

Gustavo

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-22 19:18 UTC | newest]