* One-liner fix for i2c-velleman on alpha
@ 2005-05-19  6:24 Kelledin
From: Kelledin @ 2005-05-19  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

i2c-velleman.c needs to pick up the HZ macro.  It does this fine
on x86, but it needs a little extra help on alpha.  Patch
attached; doesn't appear to break the x86 compile.

I don't actually have or use this device, so someone else will
need to test this out...I just wanted i2c to compile.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of "cast from pointer to integer of
different size" warnings compiling this same driver, mostly
having to do with the CTRL macro.  This worries me, especially
on 64-bit platforms.  Should I be worried in this case?

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"
* One-liner fix for i2c-velleman on alpha
@ 2005-05-19  6:24 ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2005-05-19  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

> i2c-velleman.c needs to pick up the HZ macro.  It does this fine
> on x86, but it needs a little extra help on alpha.  Patch
> attached; doesn't appear to break the x86 compile.
>
> I don't actually have or use this device, so someone else will
> need to test this out...I just wanted i2c to compile.

OK, I'd prefer a slightly different fix. We don't include <asm/param.h>
in any of our drivers. It seems we include <linux/slab.h> instead, so I
think we should do the same for this one. Could you try and confirm it
works for you?

The i2c-philips-par driver seems to miss it too. Were you successful
building it?

> Also, I'm seeing a lot of "cast from pointer to integer of
> different size" warnings compiling this same driver, mostly
> having to do with the CTRL macro.  This worries me, especially
> on 64-bit platforms.  Should I be worried in this case?

I saw hundreds of warnings on perfectly clean code while I was compiling
on a IA-64 system recently. I don't think you should be afraid. Just
remove the -Wall flag if you want gcc to leave you alone. If there are
still warnings after that, then we will take a look at them.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/