* freeze when loadinf powernow-k7
@ 2003-07-25 10:18 Cedric De Wilde
From: Cedric De Wilde @ 2003-07-25 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cpufreq

Hello,

When I try to do a "modprode powernow-k7", my system totally freeze.
It's a xp-m 2500+(targa xp10), I use the cooker kernel(2.4.21-6mdk)
which seem to contain the patch from codemonkey(but I can't
verificate since it's down). Is there a newer patch than
http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/kernel/CT01-2_cpufreq-2.4.22-1.patch?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
?

Cedric

* Re: freeze when loadinf powernow-k7
@ 2003-07-25 23:01 ` Cedric De Wilde
From: Cedric De Wilde @ 2003-07-25 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cpufreq

I've discovered something strange, when I kill X and umount my
/home(because it's a great partition in ext2), the module load
correctly. I've tested at least 10 times without killing X and it freeze
every time. when I kill it, it load perfectly.

Cedric

@ 2003-07-26  7:13   ` Cedric De Wilde
From: Cedric De Wilde @ 2003-07-26  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cpufreq

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 01:01:23AM +0200, Cedric De Wilde wrote:
> I've discovered something strange, when I kill X and umount my
> /home(because it's a great partition in ext2), the module load
> correctly. I've tested at least 10 times without killing X and it freeze
> every time. when I kill it, it load perfectly.

Forget all, it only worked twice, now it always freeze.

Cedric