* CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND
@ 2003-08-04 23:18 Knut Neumann
       [not found] ` <1060039137.1323.12.camel-bi+AKbBUZKZeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
From: Knut Neumann @ 2003-08-04 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi,

I started to have some look into how S3/S4 work with 2.5/2.6 to
(hopefully) resolve my S3 problems. Now I stumbled across the following
in drivers/acpi/s

#ifdef CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND
	case ACPI_STATE_S2:
	case ACPI_STATE_S3:
		do_suspend_lowlevel(0);
		break;
#endifleep/main.c:

To my understanding swsusp is some non-bios-supported method to realize
S4. This view is given as well in kernel configs help text. So why do
S2/S3 depend on swsusp? And CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP as well?

Sorry, if this is too stupid.

Regards
-knut

--
Knut Neumann <knut.neumann-4bfl1RV3iZDOEhgYWvzSCYQuADTiUCJX@public.gmane.org>
Physikalische Grundpraktika - Heinrich-Heine Universitaet Duesseldorf

* Re: CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND
       [not found] ` <1060039137.1323.12.camel-bi+AKbBUZKZeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2003-08-05 22:01   ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-08-05 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Knut Neumann; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi!

> I started to have some look into how S3/S4 work with 2.5/2.6 to
> (hopefully) resolve my S3 problems. Now I stumbled across the following
> in drivers/acpi/s
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND
> 	case ACPI_STATE_S2:
> 	case ACPI_STATE_S3:
> 		do_suspend_lowlevel(0);
> 		break;
> #endifleep/main.c:
>
> To my understanding swsusp is some non-bios-supported method to realize
> S4. This view is given as well in kernel configs help text. So why do
> S2/S3 depend on swsusp? And CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP as well?

These two used to depend on each other. We are now fixing that mess.

> Sorry, if this is too stupid.

It is not.
--
				Pavel
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...