* changing system time
@ 2003-08-05  1:28 Joshua Hudson
From: Joshua Hudson @ 2003-08-05  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

I have almost completed modifying date to permit changing the date.
I'm not quite sure how to use the sys_settime system call.
[edi] referrs to the number of seconds since the epoc in LOCAL time.

* Re: changing system time
@ 2003-08-05  7:51 ` Maciej Hrebien
From: Maciej Hrebien @ 2003-08-05  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

Joshua Hudson wrote:

> I have almost completed modifying date to permit changing the date.
> I'm not quite sure how to use the sys_settime system call.
> [edi] referrs to the number of seconds since the epoc in LOCAL time.

I think you are talking about sys_settimeofday, right? If so, it gets 2
ptrs as args: ebx - timeval struct, ecx - timezone struct. Or sys_stime?
it gets only one arg, in ebx & it measures in seconds from 0:0:0 __GMT__
01.01.1970.

--
Maciej Hrebien

* Re: changing system time - 'struct' implementation in asm
@ 2003-08-06  1:49   ` Slack Traq
From: Slack Traq @ 2003-08-06  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

--- Maciej Hrebien <m_hrebien@wp.pl> wrote:
> Joshua Hudson wrote:
> >
> > I have almost completed modifying date to permit
> changing the date.
> > I'm not quite sure how to use the sys_settime
> system call.
> > [edi] referrs to the number of seconds since the
> epoc in LOCAL time.
>
> I think you are talking about sys_settimeofday,
> right? If so, it gets 2
> ptrs as args: ebx - timeval struct, ecx - timezone
> struct. Or sys_stime?
> it gets only one arg, in ebx & it measures in
> seconds from 0:0:0 __GMT__
> 01.01.1970.
>
> --
> Maciej Hrebien

How do you make a struct in assembly????
Thanks,
                                               Slack

http://search.yahoo.com

* Re: changing system time - 'struct' implementation in asm
@ 2003-08-06  7:53     ` Maciej Hrebien
From: Maciej Hrebien @ 2003-08-06  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

Slack Traq wrote:

> How do you make a struct in assembly????

<gas in .data or .bss>

timv: .long 0  # tv_sec
      .long 0  # tv_usec

<gas locally on stack>

# ...

pushl $0  # tv_usec
pushl $0  # tv_sec

# ...

$timv or %esp points to your timeval struct. If you want timv to be not
local, write .globl/.global timv.

--
Maciej Hrebien