* [parisc-linux] 2.5 -> 2.6 tree switch tomorrow
@ 2003-08-06 18:48 Paul Bame
From: Paul Bame @ 2003-08-06 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: parisc-linux

Hey folks we're closing the 2.5 tree and opening the 2.6 tree tomorrow
between 10AM and 10:30AM US Mountain (GMT-7).

First the 2.5 tree will be set to read only.  Then all the changes
in that tree will be moved to the 2.6 tree which will be announced
as open for busines.  The 2.5 tree will stay around in read-only form
for diffs and history.

	-P

* Re: [parisc-linux] 2.5 -> 2.6 tree switch tomorrow
@ 2003-08-07 17:11 ` bame
From: bame @ 2003-08-07 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Bame; +Cc: parisc-linux

The linux-2.6 tree is now ready for business and the linux-2.5 tree is
frozen.  Tarball (which could be used to seed a CVS tree) and patch
at the usual place:

    http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/

FYI We are using a different CVS branch architecture which should be
completely transparent most of the time.  I'll get a description of
it out soon.

Autobuilt kernels to follow at some point.  FYI the 2.4 autobuilder
is currently off line.

@ 2003-08-09 16:39   ` Matthew Wilcox
From: Matthew Wilcox @ 2003-08-09 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bame; +Cc: parisc-linux

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:11:48AM -0600, bame@hp.com wrote:
> The linux-2.6 tree is now ready for business and the linux-2.5 tree is
> frozen.  Tarball (which could be used to seed a CVS tree) and patch
> at the usual place:
>
>     http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/
>
> FYI We are using a different CVS branch architecture which should be
> completely transparent most of the time.  I'll get a description of
> it out soon.

OK.  Some files were missing from the initial import, so I added them.

However, I can't get a linus branch out of it:

willy@palinux:~/merge$ cvs -Q co -rlinus linux-2.6
willy@palinux:~/merge$ find linux-2.6
linux-2.6
linux-2.6/CVS
linux-2.6/CVS/Root
linux-2.6/CVS/Repository
linux-2.6/CVS/Entries
linux-2.6/CVS/Tag
willy@palinux:~/merge$ cat linux-2.6/CVS/Tag
Tlinus

I suspect this will hinder using cvs-import to add 2.6.0-test3.
Can you help?

* Re: [parisc-linux] 2.5 -> 2.6 tree switch tomorrow
@ 2003-08-12 19:23     ` bame
From: bame @ 2003-08-12 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Wilcox; +Cc: parisc-linux

> OK.  Some files were missing from the initial import, so I added them.
>
> However, I can't get a linus branch out of it:

Yeah I forgot to lay that down.  FYI it's not a branch now -- just a
normal tag which is moved to the latest import.

> I suspect this will hinder using cvs-import to add 2.6.0-test3.

Imported and merged.

	-P