* bash-2.05b$ touch foo
@ 2003-08-07 22:37 Brian Pontz
From: Brian Pontz @ 2003-08-07 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfs

Hello all,

I know I must be missing something here. I'm trying to
get all creates to my nfs mounted fs to be created as
a certain user. But when I try to create a file with
touch I get

bash-2.05b$ touch foo
touch: setting times of `foo': Permission denied

but it does create the file with the right uid/gid.

The export for the fs looks like this

/nfs/home
10.0.0.200(rw,async,wdelay,root_squash,all_squash,anonuid=500,anongid=15000)

and the nfs client fstab entry looks like

10.0.0.201:/nfs/home/data       nfs
noatime,exec,dev,nosuid,rw,bg,hard,int
r 1 1

What am I doing wrong? They are both RH9 systems.

Thanks
Brian

* Re: bash-2.05b$ touch foo
       [not found] <20030807224852.GA810@quasar.nro.au.com>
@ 2003-08-07 23:00 ` Brian Pontz
From: Brian Pontz @ 2003-08-07 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lawrence Ong; +Cc: nfs

Thanks for the reply.

That wouldnt work for me. Different users will be
creating files on the nfs mount and there are many
files already there. So I couldnt do a chown -R type
of solution either.

But it does bring up something else I noticed. root
doesnt have the mentioned problem.

Thanks,
Brian

--- Lawrence Ong <lawrence.ong@netregistry.com.au>