* flat memory in ppc
@ 2003-08-09 17:39 Venkat Raghu
From: Venkat Raghu @ 2003-08-09 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Hi,

I am a newbie. Often it is mentioned that ppc
based systems are "flat memory".
So Please clarify
1)what exactly flat memory means?
2) Please give comparision of x86 and ppc, showing
the places where they are different.
3) So is there any difference in drivers that
work on ppc platforms.

Any links/pointers will also be helpful.

Please mail back to venkatraghu2002@yahoo.com,
as I did't subscribe.

Regards
Venkat.

* Re: flat memory in ppc
@ 2003-08-09 18:32 ` Jurriaan
From: Jurriaan @ 2003-08-09 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Venkat Raghu; +Cc: linux-kernel

From: Venkat Raghu <venkatraghu2002@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 10:46:59AM -0700
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie. Often it is mentioned that ppc
> based systems are "flat memory".
> So Please clarify
> 1)what exactly flat memory means?
> 2) Please give comparision of x86 and ppc, showing
> the places where they are different.
> 3) So is there any difference in drivers that
> work on ppc platforms.

Unfortunately, you seem to have mistakenly sent your question to the
linux-kernel mailinglist, even if it is neither linux nor kernel
specific. This list has enough on-topic mail as it is.

> Any links/pointers will also be helpful.

Try http://www.google.com or nntp://comp.sys.mac.hardware or some other
newsgroup.

HTH,
Jurriaan
--
We are Borg of dyslexia. Resistors are fertile, prepare to have your ass
laminated.

* flat memory in ppc
@ 2003-08-09 17:46 Venkat Raghu
From: Venkat Raghu @ 2003-08-09 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)