* Virus Warning
@ 2003-08-20 20:41 administrator
From: administrator @ 2003-08-20 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev-devel

The message you emailed to fenris@lyta.cc.vt.edu, dated 08/20/03 16:41:17, contains the W32/Sobig-F virus in the wicked_scr.scr attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

Did you know that Dice has over 25,000 tech jobs available today? From
careers in IT to Engineering to Tech Sales, Dice has tech jobs from the
best hiring companies. http://www.dice.com/index.epl?rel_code=104

* Re: virus warning
@ 2004-01-28  7:02 Babar Kazmi
From: Babar Kazmi @ 2004-01-28  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alexis, netfilter

Dear

We all will know on 1st Feb as the trigger starts :)
Any how lets the keep the fingers crossed and hold tight the input policy ..

Regards

Babar Kazmi.

>In this case, we are protected !!!!!
>
>We are all using a firewall with netfilter and input policy drop
>
>:))))

* Re: virus warning
@ 2004-01-28  4:46   ` Nilesh
From: Nilesh @ 2004-01-28  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexis; +Cc: netfilter

How do u add rule in iptable firewall for this
in my mail server there are two cards
eth0 for internet and eth1 for lan
please let me know ASAP
thanks

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@mm.html

> Cheers,
>
> fritz <www.mesedilla.com>
> ---
> + Basta Ikaw Lord

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

* Re: virus warning
@ 2004-01-27 15:47     ` Juan Hernandez
From: Juan Hernandez @ 2004-01-27 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

yes, it's the SCO virus ;)

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 03:38, Info wrote:
> ClamAV has detected it. Stopping more than 30 emails since this morning

* Re: virus warning
@ 2004-01-27 15:44     ` Juan Hernandez
From: Juan Hernandez @ 2004-01-27 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is this the new SCO virus? if it is... I'll infect all the computers in
my network in purpose ;)

Juan

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 03:38, Info wrote:
> ClamAV has detected it. Stopping more than 30 emails since this morning

* Re: virus warning
@ 2004-01-27 13:17 ` Alexis
From: Alexis @ 2004-01-27 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

In this case, we are protected !!!!!

We are all using a firewall with netfilter and input policy drop

:))))

attachment with a file extension of .bat, .cmd, .exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip.

When the machine gets infected, the worm will set up a backdoor into the
system by opening TCP ports 3127 thru 3198. This will potentially allow a
hacker to connect to the machine and utilize it as a proxy to gain access to

@ 2004-01-27  8:12     ` Cedric Blancher
From: Cedric Blancher @ 2004-01-27  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le mar 27/01/2004 à 08:38, Info a écrit :
> ClamAV has detected it. Stopping more than 30 emails since this morning

Full Disclosure was affected and other mailing lists too... Well, maybe
it's time to get rid of sender's notifications...

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE
>> Hi! I'm your friendly neighbourhood signature virus.
>> Copy me to your signature file and help me spread!

* Re: virus warning
       [not found] ` <200401270145.12799.Alistair Tonner <>
@ 2004-01-27  7:38   ` Info
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Info @ 2004-01-27  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

ClamAV has detected it. Stopping more than 30 emails since this morning
> Obviously this is a really new one ... F-prot didn't catch it .. and mines
up to date ...
> However ... since kmail and linux don't much like 7 bit mime ... *grin*
>
> I'm handing this one up to the folks at F-Prot to see why they didn't
catch it...

> Alistair.
>
> On January 27, 2004 12:44 am, Fritz Mesedilla wrote:
> > friends,
> >
> > we got a virus in our list.
> > clamav warned me about it.
> > it's now spreading like fire even on other lists.
> >
> > thought you might like to be warned.
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > fritz <www.mesedilla.com>
> > ---
> > + Basta Ikaw Lord

> > are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
> > the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your
> > system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
> > email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
> > those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email
> > and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts
> > no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
> > email.
> >
> > Overture Media, Inc.
> > Direct Line: (632) 635-4785
> > Trunkline:   (632) 631-8971 Local 146
> > Fax: (632) 637-2206
> > Level 1 Summit Media Offices, Robinsons Galleria EDSA Cor. Ortigas Ave.,
> > Quezon City 1100

* RE: virus warning
@ 2004-01-27  7:30 Fritz Mesedilla
From: Fritz Mesedilla @ 2004-01-27  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I forgot to send the details.

W32.Novarg.A@mm is a mass-mailing worm. The worm will arrive as an attachment with a file extension of .bat, .cmd, .exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip.

When the machine gets infected, the worm will set up a backdoor into the system by opening TCP ports 3127 thru 3198. This will potentially allow a hacker to connect to the machine and utilize it as a proxy to gain access to it's network resources. In addition, the backdoor has the ability to download and execute arbitrary files.

The worm will perform a DoS starting on February 1, 2004. On February 12, 2004 the worm has a trigger date to stop spreading.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@mm.html

Cheers,

fritz <www.mesedilla.com>
---
+ Basta Ikaw Lord

	Obviously this is a really new one ... F-prot didn't catch it .. and mines up to date ...
	However ... since kmail and linux don't much like 7 bit mime ... *grin*

	I'm handing this one up to the folks at F-Prot to see why they didn't catch it...

	Alistair.

On January 27, 2004 12:44 am, Fritz Mesedilla wrote:
> friends,
>
> we got a virus in our list.
> clamav warned me about it.
> it's now spreading like fire even on other lists.
>
> thought you might like to be warned.
>

> Cheers,
>
> fritz <www.mesedilla.com>
> ---
> + Basta Ikaw Lord

> the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your
> system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
> email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
> those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email
> and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts
> no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
> email.
>
> Overture Media, Inc.
> Direct Line: (632) 635-4785
> Trunkline:   (632) 631-8971 Local 146
> Fax: (632) 637-2206
> Level 1 Summit Media Offices, Robinsons Galleria EDSA Cor. Ortigas Ave.,
> Quezon City 1100

the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your
system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.

Overture Media, Inc.
Direct Line: (632) 635-4785
Trunkline:   (632) 631-8971 Local 146
Fax: (632) 637-2206
Level 1 Summit Media Offices, Robinsons Galleria EDSA Cor. Ortigas Ave., Quezon City 1100

* Re: virus warning
@ 2004-01-27  6:45 ` Unknown, Alistair Tonner
       [not found] ` <200401270145.12799.Alistair Tonner <>
From: Unknown, Alistair Tonner @ 2004-01-27  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Obviously this is a really new one ... F-prot didn't catch it .. and mines up to date ...
	However ... since kmail and linux don't much like 7 bit mime ... *grin*

	I'm handing this one up to the folks at F-Prot to see why they didn't catch it...

	Alistair.

On January 27, 2004 12:44 am, Fritz Mesedilla wrote:
> friends,
>
> we got a virus in our list.
> clamav warned me about it.
> it's now spreading like fire even on other lists.
>
> thought you might like to be warned.
>

> Cheers,
>
> fritz <www.mesedilla.com>
> ---
> + Basta Ikaw Lord

> the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your
> system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
> email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
> those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email
> and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts
> no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
> email.
>
> Overture Media, Inc.
> Direct Line: (632) 635-4785
> Trunkline:   (632) 631-8971 Local 146
> Fax: (632) 637-2206
> Level 1 Summit Media Offices, Robinsons Galleria EDSA Cor. Ortigas Ave.,
> Quezon City 1100

* virus warning
@ 2004-01-27  5:44 Fritz Mesedilla
       [not found] ` <200401270145.12799.Alistair Tonner <>
From: Fritz Mesedilla @ 2004-01-27  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-09-07  9:47 administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ
From: administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ @ 2003-09-07  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Your email address was listed as the sender of a message emailed to rwgrubbs-PjAqaU27lzQ@public.gmane.org, dated 09/07/03 05:47:35, containing the W32/Sobig-F virus in the application.pif attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

You may not have sent this virus; some viruses, such as SOBIG, KLEZ, SIRCAM, and others, regularly spoof, or falsify, the sender address to hide their origin.  This message is sent to warn you to virus check your system if you do not do so regularly, and if you do, that others may accuse you of having sent them a virus, even if you did not do so.  It does *not* necessarily mean your system is infected.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf

* Virus Warning
@ 2003-09-06 11:52 administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ
From: administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ @ 2003-09-06 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Your email address was listed as the sender of a message emailed to rwgrubbs-PjAqaU27lzQ@public.gmane.org, dated 09/06/03 07:52:40, containing the W32/Sobig-F virus in the document_9446.pif attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

@ 2003-09-05 22:29 administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ
From: administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ @ 2003-09-05 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Your email address was listed as the sender of a message emailed to fenris-KLuS98vDudU+MCppTbuXNA@public.gmane.org, dated 09/05/03 18:29:02, containing the W32/Sobig-F virus in the details.pif attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

You may not have sent this virus; some viruses, such as SOBIG, KLEZ, SIRCAM, and others, regularly spoof, or falsify, the sender address to hide their origin.  This message is sent to warn you to virus check your system if you do not do so regularly, and if you do, that others may accuse you of having sent them a virus, even if you did not do so.  It does *not* necessarily mean your system is infected.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf

* Re: Virus Warning
@ 2003-09-03 11:43   ` Bas Mevissen
From: Bas Mevissen @ 2003-09-03 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell King; +Cc: cpufreq

Russell King wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 05:54:37AM -0400, administrator@vt.edu wrote:
>
>>The message you emailed to Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu, dated 09/03/03
>>05:54:37, contains the W32/Sobig-F virus in the thank_you.pif
>>attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.
>
> Please note that I have no intention of trying to stop these bounces -
> many of them are virtually impossible to reliably trap.

Probably you can catch easely quite some of them, but people can do that
for themselves too. So you are right not waisting your time on it.

Bas.

* Virus Warning
@ 2003-09-03 10:59 administrator
From: administrator @ 2003-09-03 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev-devel

The message you emailed to fenris@lyta.cc.vt.edu, dated 09/03/03 06:59:44, contains the W32/Sobig-F virus in the wicked_scr.scr attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf

* Re: Virus Warning
       [not found] <200309030954.BVS39064@dagger.cc.vt.edu>
@ 2003-09-03 10:32 ` Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2003-09-03 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cpufreq

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 05:54:37AM -0400, administrator@vt.edu wrote:
> The message you emailed to Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu, dated 09/03/03
> 05:54:37, contains the W32/Sobig-F virus in the thank_you.pif
> attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

Please note that I have no intention of trying to stop these bounces -
many of them are virtually impossible to reliably trap.

If they bother people, please complain to the originator - Sobig-F
is a virus which uses faked mail from addresses to spread, and as
such, MTAs should _not_ generate bounces for these types of viruses.

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux

* Virus Warning
@ 2003-09-03  5:38 administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ
From: administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ @ 2003-09-03  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

The message you emailed to fenris-KLuS98vDudU+MCppTbuXNA@public.gmane.org, dated 09/03/03 01:38:53, contains the W32/Sobig-F virus in the document_all.pif attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf

* Virus Warning
@ 2003-09-03  3:33 administrator
From: administrator @ 2003-09-03  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev-devel

The message you emailed to rwgrubbs@vt.edu, dated 09/02/03 23:33:34, contains the W32/Sobig-F virus in the wicked_scr.scr attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf

* Virus Warning
@ 2003-09-02 11:00 administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ
From: administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ @ 2003-09-02 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

The message you emailed to fenris-KLuS98vDudU+MCppTbuXNA@public.gmane.org, dated 09/02/03 07:00:12, contains the W32/Sobig-F virus in the details.pif attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf

* Virus Warning
@ 2003-09-02  2:41 administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ
From: administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ @ 2003-09-02  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

The message you emailed to fenris-KLuS98vDudU+MCppTbuXNA@public.gmane.org, dated 09/01/03 22:41:34, contains the W32/Sobig-F virus in the wicked_scr.scr attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf

* Virus Warning
@ 2003-08-30 23:22 administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ
From: administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ @ 2003-08-30 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

The message you emailed to dweand-PjAqaU27lzQ@public.gmane.org, dated 08/30/03 19:22:24, contains the W32/Sobig-F virus in the document_all.pif attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf

* Virus Warning
@ 2003-08-27  9:46 administrator
From: administrator @ 2003-08-27  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev-devel

The message you emailed to fenris@lyta.cc.vt.edu, dated 08/27/03 05:46:41, contains the W32/Sobig-F virus in the wicked_scr.scr attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf

* Virus Warning
@ 2003-06-26 20:06 administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ
From: administrator-PjAqaU27lzQ @ 2003-06-26 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

The message you emailed to rwgrubbs-PjAqaU27lzQ@public.gmane.org, dated 06/26/03 16:06:56, contains the W32/Sobig-E virus in the your_details.zip attachment. The action taken was: deleted the attachment.