* multiple drive mappings
@ 2003-10-01 18:13 John Charlton
From: John Charlton @ 2003-10-01 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

I am having problems possibly related to multiple mappings of the same Iredir
drive.  In the drives directory, I set the following symbolic links:
c -> /home/charlton/dosemu/freedos
d -> ../..
e -> /downloads/jk

This works fine and there are no access violations on drive E: in dos.  Now
when I add another mapping as follows there are access violations on drive F:

c -> /home/charlton/dosemu/freedos
d -> ../..
e -> /downloads/jk/build
f -> /downloads/jk

I set the path to make everything point to drive F: instead of E:  This
configuration should work the same way it did before inserting the new drive
mapping.  With the added drive mapping, I am unable to use drive F: to do
much of anything.  If I delete a file, it doesn't delete but silently ignores
the command.  It is unable to create files giving an access violation error.

The only thing I can think of is that Iredir has problems when you map the
same partition to multiple drive letters.

--John

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-01 18:13 UTC | newest]